Chapter 16

Corpers Weeee
Corpers Weeee Weeeeee Weeee
I guess that explains my absence.
I was on NYSC Orientation Course and that's the busiest month of my life, coupled with the higgy-hagger of where I was deployed.

Twelve hours drive from where I stay and 1hr20mins by air, you can imagine.

This update is for the Early birds, dive in

With emphasis to rural areas of the country, girls know inadequate about menstruation and the effects of poor menstrual hygiene management which includes environmental pollution and health consequences.

These hindrances are mainly due to religious, cultural and social restrictions. Women that don't have access to or can't afford quality sanitary pads end up using resuable cloth pads and may not necessarily know how to take care of them.

"How does it cause environmental pollution?", The fourth lecturer on the table of 7 switched on his microphone and asked.

Amnah squares her shoulders and made sure she didn't run her sweaty palms on the maroon Abaya she's wearing. She has mastered most of the tricks in the book she read -How to talk to anyone 92 little tricks for Bug success in relationships- for the fear of being the nervous wreck she was during IT defence.

"Women fear that their menstrual waste can end up in the wrong hands when using public toilets so they flush them, thereby blocking the toilets".

"What are your recommendations", the head of department who's also at the table ask.

"Sensitization campaign should be made in schools and on the streets both in the urban and rural areas to inform women on menstruation and how to improve personal hygiene during this period.

Government should provide free access to natural sanitary products for women in the country.

Modern incineration methods can be introduced into public toilets".

"Any question from the students?", and when there was no answer she was waved off from the stage.

A few minutes later she saw a message from her father through WhatsApp and was surprised the man still remembers the app. It's the video of her Seminar representation and a caption under it, "Well-done my dear, I'm proud of you".

Later that day, she was sitting on her bed with her suitcases neatly packed and ready to be transported to Baba Kabiru's.

He relayed his fears of the serial kidnappings of people around the country including some staff and their families in her school's staff quarters. "She might be a target, is better if she comes from home".

"Amnah", she heard Zahra bellowed and closed her eyes exasperatedly. What does this girl want now? She tried to muster all the smiles in her to plaster on her face before turning to face the girl who never stops looking for the opportunity to frustrate her life in this institution.

"Why are you packing your bags for semester break like a fresher? Besides, you should be doing your project practical by now, or are you going for another trip?"

"Slow down Aunty, so you don't bite your tongue".

Shifting eye contact she puffed, "Pfft, so that's how you treat people now because suddenly we are not on the same level since you have started traveling around the world in private jets with your Forbes list relatives, huh. We are too little for you now to befriend, is it?

"I was just looking out for you, and no to all your questions. For being friends, were we ever?" She didn't wait for her to recover from her shock when she entered the car and closed the door after her.