6~ Storms, Sacrifices, and Stuffies

༻𝐑𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨༺

༻𝐑𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨༺

"Are you nervous?" I asked as I scooted a bit closer to Liara, making the bed squeak a little. My hands moved around her neck to clasp on the gold jewel I stole from her, and by the look on her face I could tell she was wondering why I was even here.

Of course she's nervous idiot! A well grown man sneaking into a girl's room while thunder crashes? Who wouldn't be?!

She, as always today, surprised me with her response, "Are you going to kill me?"

I rested my hands on my lap, feeling rather awkward about this all. True, I was supposed to end her life earlier today, but the angel upon my right shoulder had won the war with the devil on my left. She would have been long gone by now if murder were still my intentions.

My eyes wandered to the stuffies all over the bed and the ones she was holding tightly to her chest. I found it a bit odd, and perhaps...cute. What I didn't understand the most, however, was how this innocent girl was responsible for the death of most of my family?

She looked as if she wouldn't hurt a soul, and worst of all, she didn't even know any of this. She didn't know that my mother's blood was once on her boots. She didn't know that her biological father had made her a tool before in her life. She didn't know anything, and neither did I until Rose gave it to me straight before I got here.

Her mother really wasn't even her mother. She was her father's sister, forced to take her in after her father killed her actual mother. It was all screwed up.

And now here Liara was...walking as a normal person in a regular world. Though I wouldn't dare cut her life short, others, specifically my brothers and their crew, would. I couldn't allow that. I'd have to protect her.

"I'm not going to hurt you," I told her. She whimpered a little in response, denying it, "Just get it over with."

"Quiet," I said and silence fell over her. "You're not getting hurt."

When thunder roared again, she jolted up close to my arm. I was suddenly hit with an instinct...an instinct so strong that my mind and heart had to start a battle. My urges couldn't help it in the end, and I brought her into the warm embrace of my arms.

Her shaking stilled and I felt as if I was holding something so precious and rare...like a gem. "Shh..." I whispered and stroked the bonnet upon her head, "You're safe, diamond. I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

No matter the sacrifices.

No matter the storms.

Or the rather creepy army of stuffies.

Nothing will get in my way.

"Do you promise?" she asked me as I laid her back down and covered her up. Her hand was wrapped tightly around my finger, almost as if she didn't want me to leave now.

I had come here to tell her the past, but I couldn't ruin this. "I promise," I tell her and press the finger she was latching onto to her lips. My eyes widened when she sleepily began to suck it, and the mid of my pants suddenly felt so tight.

It's not like me to get turned on over little such things, but I couldn't help but imagine what it'd be like if my length were between her lips instead. My tip sliding over her tongue, hitting the roof of her mouth as her eyes would roll back- No!

Get a grip, Ramerio! For Christ's sake!

To avoid further conflict, I stood for the exit, but she stopped me once more.

"Please stay," she told me, "what if a tornado comes?"

Ah, she was afraid of storms.

I took a deep breath, feeling my crotch begin to soften and wind down, and thank God it did. "Alright," I told her, walking back up to her bed, "Mind if I lay with you?"

She rose up her covers and I slid underneath the sheets with her, practically taking up the whole space of her bed. She was a tiny woman compared to the size of me.

I wrapped my arm around her from underneath, and she crawled one of her octopuses up my stomach to my chest. It was blue and had an angry expression. "His name is Jerry Finklepop," she told me, "he's usually my favorite when I'm on my period."

The girl who seemed so hidden and skeptical before surprisingly became more open to me.

"Tmi," she said quickly and turned her back to me, "sorry."

I looked at the angry plushie on my chest that was staring holes into my soul. Why did I feel like smiling? "Bleeding is natural for a woman, don't worry about it."

She turned back to me and I poked her nose with the octopus, causing her to giggle. "Sleep now, alright?"

By the looks of it, her digital clock showed one in the morning and her large flower-themed calendar presented she had work at nine in the morning. She'd need her rest.

"Okays," she told me sweetly and rested her head on my chest, trapping me to her. I sighed at her response, looking at the other days on her calendar. She'd be moving out soon, but under the circumstances, I didn't think that was best.

Perhaps she could move in with me instead?