18~ The 3 Brothers of the Beast

* Face claims above;credit for collage and editing -AvatoAdmire  thank you baby 🌹*

credit for collage and editing
-AvatoAdmire  thank you baby 🌹*

༻𝐑𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨༺

I feel my lips with my fingertips. I can't believe I got the chance to kiss her. I haven't done that with anyone since I was in middle school. A bit hilarious for a twenty seven year old man? Perhaps. But I was dealing with so much more back then. The last of my priorities were romance. Until her.

I peck Liara's bonnet and massage her dark skin as she rests asleep on my chest, then look back up at the ceiling, enjoying this closeness.

We had parted into our separate rooms last night for quite some time until a knock came at my door. There stood a pitiful slumped stature, with a suitcase by her side, claiming her plushies wanted to sleep with me. I knew that wasn't the case. She was just afraid to dream without me near, and I believe she knew that I knew that too. Hence, we're here now.

Having her near is far too relaxing, so relaxing that I almost feel tempted to fall asleep again, and as much as I want to, I fight it and slowly sit up.

I have so much to get done today. Yes, money business, but also personal business. Liara had told me about that incident at the party. I can't have it happen again. I won't allow it. The last thing I need is for her father to reopen wounds that are finally closing for her.

"Mmm..." Liara moans.

I freeze in my position, looking down at her.

As if she knew I was going to leave, she moves her body onto mine and traps me, before snoring again. Shortly after, her elephant, whom she calls "Ellie," decides to fall flat on my face.

I sigh heavily and surrender.

*  *  *

Carter takes his third cupcake and flips it upside down in the wrapper, taking a bite out of the bottom end now that it's facing up.

My skin practically crawls. If there was a food god, they would have my brother banished from eating and sentenced to a month of starvation and food etiquette class. I'm sure of it.

People say there is no wrong way to eat, but as I watch him now lick the clumped icing in the wrapper up like a popsicle, that statement no longer holds true.

"You know, brother..." Carter hums dreamily and grabs another mini cupcake from Liara's pantry stash. I don't know why she allows him into her things. She trusts him way more than I ever will.

"What is it?" I ask and look back at my laptop, seeing the rising value of my properties. Real estate is an easy game to me.

Carter pulls his hair into a loose ponytail before popping a can of strawberry sparkling soda open, "You ever think dad had a favorite son?"