30

Everything was blurry, nothing was making sense. Valera had her eyes open, but everything was covered by a haze, and words arrived at her ears in garbled sentences. She knew she was being moved somewhere or another, she just wasn't sure where. And who was carrying her. 

Giving a groan, the movement stopped and Valera was shifted in someone's arms. She tried to look up to see who it was, but her neck was in so much pain that she wasn't able to do much more than just stay there. She could just barely recognize Kennedy's voice in her ears, though the words she spoke were no different than what they had been.

Closing her eyes again, the movement started once more, moving her forwards. Quicker now, it disturbed the headache that raged in her skull. The moment she was placed on a soft bed, pain immediately began to ebb away from her body. The creases in her face relaxed and a quiet sigh left her mouth. 

After a few minutes of just peacefully laying there, she opened her eyes once more, pleased to find that the previous haze had dissipated some. She could see Heisenberg and Kennedy talking quietly near the door to the room, Heisenberg's eyes never leaving Valera. 

Valera smiled in the slightest at his relieved expression. He came over towards her quickly, taking her hand and kissing the top of it ever so gently. Valera gave the tiniest wheeze of a laugh before Kennedy came and joined them at the bed. 

"You doing better, Val?" she asked. The words were just barely able to process in her mind. Valera nodded carefully, as to not hurt her neck, and gave Kennedy a gentle smile. Kennedy herself was still decked out in her BSAA gear, but Valera didn't mind. She was mostly just glad that Kennedy was safe. 

"Look, Val, I'm so sorry. I should have told you, I was going to but-" Valera held up her hand to stop her friend. Kennedy's eyes widened in the slightest as Valera forced words to leave her mouth.

"I don't care, Kennedy. I really don't care. You tried to help me, whether that's for a stupid mission or just because you're a good person. The fact that you tried means more than enough to me," Valera mumbled. Kennedy gave the girl a sad smile, placing a gentle hand on her thigh. 

Truth be told, Valera was tired of constantly holding grudges against people. So many people had pissed her off, told her she was monster, told her she didn't deserve love, and so in that moment, laying on the bed, she forgave everyone. Because she wasn't a monster. She did find love. 

Her eyes locked with Heisenberg's and she reached up to touch his cheek, carefully pulling him down and into a gentle kiss. Heisenberg helped her sit up in the slightest, one hand wrapping around her waist. Kennedy looked away, not wanting to see them making out. When Valera pulled away, a little laugh came from her.

"I love you," she whispered. The words were a shock to Heisenberg. He'd expected those words to be a long ways off yet, but here they were, just presented to him. He smiled and dragged his thumb across Valera's cheek bone, looking over her face with the most content expression.

"I love you too," he answered. Valera let out a pleasant sigh and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug. Kennedy felt a little out of place, like she was barging in on an important moment. Not to mention, it was just the slightest bit embarrassing. She coughed a little, pulling Heisenberg and Valera from their moment. Muttering a little 'sorry', Kennedy continued with what she was going to say. 

"I also wanted to tell you Valera, I talked with the directors at the BSAA, about what we're going to do with you. My initial mission was to wait until you came here, befriend you, then take you back to the BSAA to stay there full time, but I know you care a lot about Mr. Greasy there, so I gave them a bit of a bargain. They're deciding right now what to do, and we should have an answer by tomorrow. I asked that instead of you staying at the BSAA, maybe you could just go every weekend or something," Kennedy said. The words lit up a smile across Valera's face.