Chapter 1 - Dinner and Drinks

Letitia's pov:
As I was sleeping peacefully I heard Chris open my door with a creek and I knew it was him by the sound of his clammy footsteps. I felt him grab something from the side of my bed. The next thing I knew he hit me with a pillow and dumped a glass of cold water on my face causing me to jump out of bed and dodger to start barking. It was way too early for this.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR," I screamed while trying to catch my breath and Chris laughing his head off. "Come on champ we've gotta get ready for tonight and you need to clean this room," Chris explained. My head was all over the place trying to remember what was happening tonight. I stared at the date on my phone when I suddenly realised, "oh my god, we're going out for dinner with the avengers cast aren't we?" Chris didn't reply. I ran out of my room, tripping over dodgers stupid lion toy and face planting the hard wooden floor as Chris screamed, "WHAT WAS THAT BANG?" When i rolled over on my back, looking up at the ceiling dodger started licking my face as I tried to stand up. "Gross."

When Chris came out of the bathroom he started whistling and skipping around, which was unusual for him. "What's got you all excited?" I asked with a puzzled look on my face. A big grin took over his face as he replied, "tonight you're gonna meet Scarlett!! Aren't you excited?" It didn't occur to me that I would be meeting my brother's Bestfriend, the woman I practically drooled over when ever my brother talked about her, and me not remembering was probably something to do with how suddenly I'd just been woken up. To say I was nervous would be an understatement.

The long and boring hours passed and I was still undecided on what to wear for 'Dinner and Drinks.' I decided to go with a classy look, an all black suit, minus the tie and obviously making sure that I smelt nice. "You ready to go?" Chris quizzed impatiently, i rushed to get my shoes on and grabbed my phone as I stepped outside and into the car. As I put my seat belt out I saw Chris scrunch up his nose. "What's that face for grandpa?" I asked him. "The spray you put on is really strong, I can hardly breathe. Something to do with a certain woman we're meeting?" He teased while pretending to cough as I smacked his arm, "hurry up, we're going to be late. And I think I smell just fine." I snapped back.

The journey to the restaurant in NYC wasn't long seeing as Chris and I lived just outside the city, it was more quiet there and we liked to be private. Once I stepped out of the car I began to feel butterflies in my stomach and my palms began to feel sweaty. "You okay?" Chris furrowed his eyebrows at me as I nodded. When I stepped inside the fancy restaurant it was practically empty, "there's nobody here" I told my brother as he turned to me and said, "you know what Robert's like, he booked the whole restaurant." I giggled at his response. When Chris began walking over to our table I began to feel really hot, hoping that my face didn't look like a tomato.

Once Chris moved out the way I saw everyone laughing around a huge table with candles and way too much champagne. The cast stood up welcoming me and made me feel less nervous than I already was. "And why haven't I met you sooner?" Robert said as he shook my hand. "Chris likes the spotlight" I joked. After shaking some more hands I braced myself as Scarlett stood up never breaking eye contact with me. I gave her a kiss on the cheek as I wrapped my arms round her waist while she pulled me in for a hug round the back of my neck, her warm cinnamon scent sending tingles through my veins. She whispered in my ear, "you smell nice, much nicer than Chris." Pulling away I smiled at her and sat down as I caught my breath, feeling really flustered now.

For the next hour or so I got to know Scarlett and the cast pretty well, turns out Scarlett loves baking which Chris surprisingly never mentioned. I glared out of the window as I watched the sun set, admiring the beauty of the sky, and the woman sitting across from me. "Don't worry, I'll pay" Robert muttered in a jokey way. "You wanna know something Robert?" I asked as I stood up from the table buttoning up the top button on my blazer. "what's that T?" he raised an eyebrow at me. "You were born to play tony stark" I laughed as he put his hand on my shoulder facing me, "I like you better than Chris already."

As I braced myself to say goodbye, especially to Scarlett, she spoke out in her raspy voice, "how about we go to a club? Let loose a little." I nodded my head in agreement as I laughed, everybody else agreeing too. Hemsworth and Renner led the way to a secret club so the paparazzi couldn't blind us with their flashes. Mark stuttered, "are you sure this place is legit?" I turned to him smiling "of course it is, don't be nervous," and he nodded in reply. After a few drinks Scarlett dragged me to dance with her, grinding against me as I began to feel hot and flustered again. "You look hot tonight" she shouted in my ear over the loud music, "you don't look too bad yourself" I replied putting my hands on her hips.

After hours of drinking it was 2am. Probably a good time to go home, seeing as everyone began to feel tired. My heart hurt when I realised I said to say goodbye to Scarlett so I decided to speak to her last. She strutted towards me outside the club, laughing at me because I couldn't keep my balance. She handed me a napkin from the club, "here's my number, I wanna see you again soon" she whispered in my ear and my cheeks turned a little pink. As she strutted away confidently and hopped into the back of a black SUV Chris began laughing at me, "look at you Letitia, all flustered. Keep onto that napkin, you wouldn't wanna lose her number," he said while placing his giant hand on my shoulder.

When me and Chris arrived back at his house, I stumbled towards my room, ripping off my jacket and throwing it onto the other side of my room, tugging my shoes off and undoing a few buttons of my shirt. I was too tired to change. When I slid into my bed, I couldn't sleep, tossing and turning my mind kept racing and thinking about Scarlett. Her warm cinnamon smell, her soft hands, how her dress hugged her curves perfectly, her emerald eyes, her perfect lips, how perfect her side profile was and her raspy voice. She kept me awake and I thought countless times about messaging her. I picked up my phone that was on charge, the time read '04:30.' I unlocked my phone and typed in Scarlett's number, remembering to save it. My fingers ghosted over the keyboard waiting for my coward self to send her a message. Why was I so nervous? Had I really fallen for My Brother's Bestfriend?