Chapter 4 - Romeo

Letitia's pov:
I sat on my sofa scrolling through social media on my phone waiting for Scarlett, who was taking an awfully long time to get here, so I decided to change into something comfortable. It was just my luck that as soon as I took my top off there was a knock at the door. "Come in, it's unlocked," I shouted as I heard the door open. "Hello to you too," Scarlett laughed shutting the door. I knew who it was straight away.

I walked out of my room just pulling my top over my head and her eyes went wide as she stared at my toned abdomen. "Eyes up here Johansson," I said raising an eyebrow. She cleared her throat and brought her eyes up to meet my face, "so what's up?" I sat down on the sofa again, "come on sit down, we need to talk." Scarlett walked over with a confused look on her face and she sat down beside me. "I just think that we're better off as friends you know, plus we wouldn't work, you're my brother's bestfriend and we get on so well already," I admitted, Scarlett not looking too happy. "Yeah that's fine, whatever you want," she replied while standing up. "Anyways I've got to get back, I have filming tomorrow," she rushed out the door. I decided chasing after her wasn't a good idea, she needed space. I felt guilty for leaving her like this, but I knew that we'd cross paths again eventually.

8 months later....

It had been a long time since Scarlett and I spoke, but I couldn't blame her. It had also been quite a while since I'd seen my brother so I pulled out my phone to check up on him.

Letitia
Hey, haven't seen you in forever. When are you free, maybe we can meet up?

Chris
Hey, it's been a while. I'm free now if you want, come over.

Letitia
Sure I'll be there soon :)

I grabbed my car keys and ran out the door. I was quite excited to see Chris if I was being honest, I wanted to hear everything about how filming the Avengers went. As I pulled up into Chris' driveway with my music blasting in the car, I saw my brother walk out the front door laughing at me. "Hey, long time no see," I said while stepping out of my car. "It's good to see you T, come in," Chris replied while walking back in the house. "So how have you been?" He quizzed, "I'm not too bad, what about you? How did filming go?" I replied. "T filming was awesome, you're gonna love the film when it comes out. Want something to drink?" He said all excitedly. "Yeah sure," I smiled back placing my keys on the table in front of me.

Dodger came running in from the garden. "Hey buddy," I laughed while stroking him. "So how's you and Scarlett? She told me you two haven't spoken in a while," Chris raised an eyebrow at me. Scarlett spoke to Chris about me? Did she tell him what happened? I cleared my throat, "uhm I don't really know, we just stopped speaking. I didn't want to annoy her so I didn't reach out." Chris looked at me, both of his eyebrows raised this time, "that's weird, you two seemed to be getting along really well. Anyways you're in luck, I'm going to see her for lunch today and you're coming with me," he handed me my drink. In a split second my palms became sweaty, "are you sure? I mean I haven't seen her in 8 months." Chris threw dodgers ball, "of course I'm sure, she said there's someone she wants me to meet anyways. I don't think she'll mind if you're coming." I mumbled to myself, "yeah that's what you think." Chris glared at me, "what did you say?" I coughed and smiled, "nothing, let's go."

The drive to wherever we were going felt like forever, although it did give me and Chris to catch up. "So who are we meeting with Scarlett?" I quizzed, "it's a surprise, we're nearly there," Chris smiled. I hate surprises. We pulled up to a cafe and I began to get really nervous, "you okay?" Chris asked. "Yeah fine," I laughed nervously. Once we walked inside and I saw Scarlett I zoned out, she looked beautiful, but I was pulled back to reality when I heard Scarlett say, "Chris meet my boyfriend, Romeo." Romeo, really? Who are you Scarlett? Juliet? Once she'd said word boyfriend my heart and my face dropped. Scarlett saw the sadness in my eyes when she looked at me, "Hey T are you alright?," I nodded at her and we sat at our table.