FIRST FRIEND

"I GUESS I DON'T HAVE MUCH OF A CHOICE," (Y/N) says to herself as she reluctantly opens the message

"I GUESS I DON'T HAVE MUCH OF A CHOICE," (Y/N) says to herself as she reluctantly opens the message. A part of her wants to ignore it, pretend like she never saw anything, and then just go straight to sleep. But something tells her she might benefit from this interaction.

Making friends is the first step to a successful life as a student, after all.

Iida Tenya: Hello. I see that you're also a student attending UA High School this year. I'd like to congratulate you on this remarkable feat, as it is no easy task to get into the hero course. I also see that you're one of the first people to sign up for this chat, which tells me that you are vigilant. I'm glad to have a person like you in our class, and in our school. Hopefully, in our future hero system as well. From one classmate to another, congratulations and I hope we can be on friendly terms when we start school. I wish you well.

Iida Tenya: :)

The emoji is added in the second text, almost like an afterthought. It's as if he realized that his paragraph is too much all at once and added a smiley face to ease the pain.

She doesn't hate it.

(L/N) (Y/N): Hi! Congratulations to you too, Iida! You should also be very proud of yourself, you earned this! Thank you so much for the well wishes and the compliments. I too hope that we can be friends! I don't know much about you but from your attitude alone, I can tell that you'll be an outstanding hero in the future! :)

Was that too many exclamation marks? She thinks as she reviews her text after sending it. In that moment, it didn't seem like much and it conveyed her enthusiasm, but now that she is looking at it, five out of the six sentences have exclamation marks.

His response comes instantly.

Iida Tenya: Perhaps we could get to know each other more. Would you like to tell me about your background, or should I start?

(L/N) (Y/N): You could go first, if that's alright with you.

Iida Tenya: Definitely! I am from Somei Private Academy, and my quirk is Engine. I come from the Iida family, which has created a long line of heroes and I am proud to continue this legacy.

A rich kid, huh? She thinks, and she's somewhat put off. She recognizes that it's her jealousy speaking — he's from a long line of heroes and she's nobody — and she knows that she feels inferior to him, but it still manages to make her disappointed. My first friend at this school is an upper-class hero offspring.

(L/N) (Y/N): I do recognize your family, they're amazing! I went to Aldera Junior High, and my quirk is Breath Manipulation.

Iida Tenya: That's interesting!

The conversation seems to be over because he doesn't type anymore. His response also leaves no room for further conversation, but she still feels like trying to get to know him more.