24

"Something disturbs you," Lucifer observes as he rises from his chair, one hand in his pocket, the other gripping the wineglass by the rim. His eyebrows knit together as he looks at me with concern.

"That easy to see my burdens."

Lucifer smirks, "You are brooding more than normal."

He chuckles as I shoot him a glare. "Oh, hush."

Lucifer walks towards me as his eyes draw me in. He then takes his hand from his pocket and captures the back of my neck. My eyes flutter close expecting a kiss. Instead, I feel his lips on my forehead. "Come, I know just how to make you feel better." His hand drops to mine as he draws me out of the living room and into a hallway. We take a few turns and step through a door. I recognize it as his room. He tugs me in, and we stroll through another door into an enormous bathroom. A huge tub is already filling up with water and bubbles. My eyes widen at the scene. The lights are dim and candles lit and placed around the area. Soft music plays in the background and the smell of Lavender comforts my senses. My shoulders relax.

"I'll give you a few minutes to get undressed and comfortable." With that, Lucifer leaves the room.

I breathe in before peeling my dress from my body. I then walk to the bathtub that is now almost full of water and bubbles, I dip a toe to test the water and a light smile graces my lips at the steaming hot water. I climb into the tub as the heated water itches my skin until I get used to it. I let my body sink in until only my head and neck are visible as I lean against the tub. A moment goes by before Lucifer steps in.

I blush, realizing I'm naked, with only bubbles shielding my body from his eyes. He pulls up a chair behind me and rolls up his sleeves. I turn my head and watch him. He then takes a brush and runs it through my hair. A light chuckle leaves my lips.

"The irony of the devil brushing my hair while I soak in his bath tub." I whisper,, and my smile widens as I hear his deep chuckle.

Humans would die in shock. The big sinful man is comforting me, taking care of me.

"Only for you," He murmurs in my ear, and I shiver at the loving tone in his voice. "Are you ready to tell me what troubles you?" Lucifer whispers again as he drags the brush.

"I got some news," I whisper as I look down into the bath water as if I could find some type of script to instruct me what to answer. "I don't know how to handle it, and I don't know how or if I'm ready to say it, let alone face it." My voice cracks, Lucifer moves to where he is sitting in front of me. He lifts my chin to where I am staring into his concerned filled eyes.

"I wish I could fix it for you," Lucifer cups my cheek and I lean into his hand, "But I can be your escape. You can always come here when you need to." I sigh at his words, knowing that this would be the last time I came back.

"I'm ready to get out," I whisper as I look aside from him. He nods as his eyes seem to turn guarded. He hands me a towel and another black gown. I raise my eyebrows at the fabric, but he just turns and walks away. I dry off and put the dress on, long black with a slit up to the knee. I walk out into the living room and see Lucifer staring at me intensely. Biting my lip as we stare at each other. I don't know what to say, even as my heart breaks, he still takes my breath away. Suddenly, it seems he lost whatever power he had over himself as he rushes to me, cupping my face with both palms. His lips meet mine with so much force I back into the wall. I gasp, and he deepens the kiss.

Desperation.

I was suffocating on the emotion he put into the kiss, my hands fumble up to his neck as I pull him closer to me. He breaks the kiss and starts to kiss down my neck, then his arms move down around my knees, and he swiftly picks me up and pins my body between him and the wall. He moves his thigh between mine and I groan as it presses against my sensitive spot. His lips find mine again, drinking in my moan as his own. My fingers fumble on his shirt buttons and I snatch his shirt off. I run my palms up his muscled arms, to his hard, broad shoulders. My body heats at the feeling of his shoulders under my fingertips. I glide my palms down his chest, hard pecs tense at my fingertips.