two

Half a century later

I breathe in deeply. I lay on my side awkwardly, eyes wide, staring at the wall.

Drip

Drip.

I groan at the sound; there isn't water in here. I'm hallucinating, I think.

I shiver, it's freezing in here, I breathe in, and the smell of rust and death enter my nose.

It's a smell you never get used too.

I am surprised; I'm on my second day, I think, of no torment. I hadn't seen him, or the many demons that come in here and torment me.

Looking at me, you wouldn't know what I've been through, that is the thing about hell, you can't die, and every thirty minutes to an hour, the wounds you have healed.

I'm thirsty, I'm starving, and exhausted, feelings that stay throughout hell.

I let out another breath as I hear the souls in other rooms around me start to beg.

Lucifer.

He must be making his rounds, that's the only time the ones here beg.

I have never seen Lucifer, I have heard his voice once or twice, but that's it.

I hear talking outside my room. I look around at the dark concrete-like material the walls and floors are made of.

I hear footsteps walk away. The door opens to my room, and I close my eyes at the way it whines in warning.

Guess my break is over.

I feel a soft, gentle touch on my arm, instinctively I flinch.

"Thana," I squeeze my eyes shut at the sound of Don's voice, I won't fall for this again.

Gently the demon shakes my shoulder. "Thana," the voice says softly. It sounds so real like it's really Don.

But I know better.

I sigh, finally giving the demon what he wants. I open my eyes and turn to see Don.

A shifter demon; They were the worse.

I hear a sigh from Don as he pulls me up. "Come on,"

I stand weakly, and we walk, my eyes widen as I get to the door. We step out, and I'm more alert as the room to the door closes behind us.

I look at Don. "It's me, Thana; it's really me." His hand cups my cheek, Tears well up in my eyes as I throw myself at him, and he welcomes me in a hug. For the first time, I cry happy tears.

Don picks me up bridal style as I continue to cry, he walks down the hall, I hear screams and people begging, I cry harder.

Finally, we get to the end, demon guards show us out, and Don's wings spread out and take us back to heaven.

I sigh at the breeze in my hair. The warmth that starts to feel my skin as we get closer, I then start feeling less thirsty and less hungry until the feeling is gone completely. We stop at the gates of heaven, and Don sets me down on the soft ground. Gold and green grass tickle my bare feet. I only have the white torn gown I had on when I first fell from heaven. The pearly gates open, and we both walkthrough, Don supporting me as we walk.

Looking around I see Angel's starting to gather around. Don leads me back to the marble flooring I was at last time. In front of the temple. I get to my knees and look up, trying not to glare.

The Archangels walk out and see me. A smile takes over Raphael as he greets me. "Thana, its be a long time."

I don't say anything, having nothing nice to say, I just stare at the archangels. Nothing about them had changed.