six

I walk into my cottage and hang my scythe in its usual place.

I see Morana on the sofa staring at me while smiling like a mad man.

"So," she starts. I raise a brow at her as I cross my arms. "How did it go? Did you have sex?" The words leave her mouth too eager for my comfort. My eyes widen at her words; for a moment, I'm frozen in shock.

I hold up my finger as a stern look crosses my face. "First of all, I will never, ever, ever, in a million years sleep with Lucifer," I state as her face cringes. 

Ew, he may be hot, but I would never ever sleep with him. I crossed all that off my list over a century ago.

"That bad, huh," I let a scoff leave my lips at her words.

"He threw me against the wall and then threw me down the hallway," I state as I sit on the couch beside her.

If even possible, she cringes more. "Ouch."

I again scoff. "He didn't even know what I was, and he kept calling me an Angel." I cringe as the words leave my mouth distastefully. "He literally doesn't even know what we do for him," I roll my eyes, just thinking of the selfishness of the king of hell.

"So, I guess you are not going to be falling in love anytime soon." I cast a playful glare at Moranas words.

"I never was going to fall in love Mor; I'm just supposed to get him to trust me," I state, deathly serious, causing her to roll her eyes at me.

"Never say never, Thana, you'll get yourself in trouble." I roll my eyes at her remark. "When will you see him again?" She ask I hear a little bit of hope in her voice.

"Never," I quickly shut the hope down. She glares at me while sitting up.

"What did I just say?" I laugh at her words as she sends me a pointed look.

"Maybe I should shine some of my light on you," she threatens with a playful smile on her face as she lifts her hand, making a white ball of light appear. An odd combo we were, she was a reaper of innocence, I, the reaper of darkness. 

I look away from the light cringing at the brightness.

"I'll pass," I state, causing her to giggle, the light disappearing from her hands.

*** Days Later**

It had been a couple days since I had last seen Lucifer, I hadn't seen him while dropping of souls and I always sigh in relief at the fact. Now I just need to speak to the Archangels and find a way out of this.

I look to Mor, telling me about the infant she had to carry to heaven. Mor loved children but hated collecting their souls; it was depressing for her. 

I stand stretching my arms, looking at her. "I guess I'm going to go read; I feel someone about to die in an hour. "I state as I walk towards my room.

"I would need some alone time if I had to walk condemned souls to hell all the time." I smile as I turn and see her face scrunched up though she would instead take children to heaven than take criminals to hell.

"Its not to bad," I ease with a sigh.

It really is not so bad. I also take a couple of souls to heaven occasionally, though the condemned rarely bother me. The criers are the worse. I lay on the bed and grab the book I've been reading and start on it. I hear Mor walk out of the cottage.

***

Tingling through my body causes me to take my attention from the book, I stretch. I stand, putting the book in its place and walk towards the closet. I take my robe off and put it back in the closet. Magic made it to where every time a gown was placed back into the closet; it was magically clean.