How Far?

Iman,

"Right this way Madam."

"Thank you.." I said as I followed the waiter. He pulled the chair out for me I sat down then adjusted my hair.

"Can I start you off with a selection of wine choices Madam?"

"I'll just have Chardonnay please."

"Alright, and would you like to know the specials we're serving tonight?" He asked

"Uh no, I'll take the Sous Vide Steak Dinner, steak medium well please."

"Excellent choice, coming right up." He said I closed the menu as he poured my Chardonnay.

*BUZZ..... BUZZ..... BUZZ-

I noticed my phone ringing and it is the person that I despise from the depths of hell-

"Hello..hello.. Iman, are you there.."

The man from the depths of hell that I despise so much is my rich class ass bastard of a father but you'll know about him and our relationship soon enough.. honestly why is he even calling me I don't even feel like talking to him let alone anyone at this point.

"Iman Dior Harlow, you answered the phone I can hear you breathing!" He said

"Yes dad, I hear you..." I said finally answering him

"WELL SPEAK I DID NOT RAISE YOU TO BE SILENT!" He said raging at me. I just sighed to myself thinking this isn't worth it at all

"..Now you will speak to me with good manners like a proper young and intelligent woman should, do you understand Iman?!" He said

".. yes father." I said

"Good... now how is work going?"

"Work is work, I'm just out for dinner.." I said

"Dinner? You should've called you know I would've kept you company.."

So you can meddle in this life that you choose for me now I don't think so.. "Uh no, no I just figured you'd be busy is all that's why I didn't wanna bother you.." I said

"I'm in London. Where are you, you're assistant told me you away on business?" He asked

"Yes Paris, a client Ms. Vanderhall wanted me to see her she wanted me to design her wedding dress so I decided to take a trip and see her." I said

"Well dear, you could've called I'd be happy to see you-

"Sorry for the wait Madam, your Sous Vide Steak Dinner." The waiter finally came.

"Thank you.. yea um no I'm literally 5 hours away from you Dad." I said

"You could've waited you know." He said

"Yea no that would not happen. Um can I call you some other time I'm still coming up with Ms. Vanderhall's dress design and I have a a lot to prepare for that soo.."

"Oh alright alright, have a good night dear." He said he finally hung up after my nosy ass of a father ended the call I quickly turned off my phone proceeded to eat.

Nathaniel Franklin Thomas, otherwise known as Mr. Thomas; age 45, grew up poor with his parents had little fortune once they died he inherited their fortune turned it into a successful empire. Once he had his success he searched for him a wife Katherine Ella Harlow who is now known as Katherine Ella Harlow Thomas she fell in love with him because he was this sweet and charming man then she became pregnant with her first child she was head over hills excited she couldn't believe it I mean a baby girl can you believe it everyone has their own opinion about things but not certain things like this; she had her and named her Charlotte she was the most happiest person on the planet but he wasn't happy or overwhelming with joy about this because he wanted a son.

A baby boy he wanted, his wife on the other hand knew he wanted a little boy so he can raise him become a man and take over the family business he knew having a girl it just wouldn't feel right it would be an emotional roller coaster for her. So she had no choice but to give her baby girl up for adoption she gave her a daughter a souvenir to remember her by and after that night no one knows or where Charlotte has been ever since.

Nathaniel was gonna leave her because he never wanted a daughter in the first place but instead he gave her one last chance threatening her that if she couldn't conceive a baby boy he would kill her. So ten months go by she was pregnant again but it's another baby girl she named her Iman home birth she had. Once he saw her he picked her up and cradled her his wife begged and pleaded with him "give me my baby no please! STOP IM BEGGING YOU!" with her yelling and pleading so much she knew what was coming and just like that he shot her right in front of her second born daughter.

Twenty five years later the second born had no choice but to take on a business of her own. Nathaniel didn't want her to have his success so she built it from the ground up after he sent her to College. She became one of the most top Bridal Designers in the world designing wedding dresses all her life; she has it all success, money, fame she could do anything but why is she so sad and why was she following her bastard father's orders? Well.. It's because she has proof that he killed her Mother.

But we'll get into that another time. I sighed to myself again because another night has yet gone to waste-

"Hello there, Miss I couldn't help but noticing you from over there at my table."

I looked up at this tall, dark, yet handsome fellow appeared in front of me he looks so handsome.

"Please to meet you Miss?"

"Iman, Iman Harlow." I said he reached out for a proper handshake and introduced himself.

"Kofi, Kofi Siriboe." He said as I finally shook his hand.

Well another night has yet gone to waste.. or has it?

Hello my family it's been awhile but as you know I needed a fresh start and this is that fresh start 😏

-QueenQuaaa.