Chapter 11: The Rain

(A/N: Fucking thank you for 1K reads on my fanfiction! I have a new Muke fanfiction coming soon, and I'd really appreciate it if you would all check it out! Also, I'm so so so sorry this is so late, but please do not be angry I was on vacation & I had standardized testing.)

Luke woke up to the sound of raindrops hitting the window in Ashton's dark bedroom. He heard Michael getting ready for work and he heard Ashton's slow steady breathing. It was a serene, and peaceful moment. Luke was anxiously awaiting for Ashton to wake up, but he didn't want to break the peace. It was so calm, something Luke was not used to. Luke was always with hyperactive Calum before he met Ashton. Calum was an amazing friend, but with Ashton, Luke felt a sense of security, something that Calum could not offer. Being wrapped up in his arms, Luke would often feel like he was home. Luke felt secure, and it was such a positive change.

Luke felt stronger, and less weak. Which is why he finally had the courage to upload YouTube videos. He felt less judged when he was with Ashton. Ashton wasn't afraid to be himself around people, he didn't hide like Luke did. Luke wasn't as confident as Ashton, he was insecure and often felt unaccepted. With Ashton, Luke was able to open up more often and feel more like himself.

As the storm thickened, and the clouds became heavier, Luke could feel Ashton stirring awake underneath him. Luke looked down at Ashton's sleeping face. He saw all the freckles dotted and scattered underneath his eyes and on his nose. He saw the creases in Ashton's skin, which were probably from Ashton's over-excessive giggling. (The boy giggled like a madman)

Luke softly brushed Ashton's wispy hair out of his face and eyes. Luke bit his lip to keep from smiling. Luke played with Ashton's dirty blond hair, twisting it between his pink fingertips. Ashton wriggled under Luke again, and Luke fell to the side as Ashton rolled over and opened his pretty hazel eyes tiredly. Ashton stretched his hand out to meet Luke's. Luke's eyes got as big as saucers when Ashton intertwined their fingers, but then when Ashton's thumb began to trace shapes sleepily on Luke's cold skin, Luke felt that same sense of security, and relaxed into Ashton's chest.

"Morning, Lukey." He whispered, his voice too hoarse to speak properly. Ashton rubbed his eyes, detaching himself from Luke. Luke wrapped himself deeper into the white duvet. Ashton was staring at Luke's silhouette outside the duvet. "Hey, what should we do today?" He asked, beginning to wake up from his sleep.

"Calum is going to want me home soon, Ash."

"That's complete garbage, Luke."

"Not my fault, it's just how he is." Like defended Calum. He understood Ashton's frustrations, but Luke knew that Calum had trust issues, and since Calum was able to trust Luke, he was just a lot more attached to him.

"But Luke, you should stay with me. I'm gonna miss you." Ashton pouted. Luke rolled out of the duvet and shrugged.

"How are you going to miss me? You literally just saw me." He said, flicking Ashton's tan forearm. Ashton just shook his comment off, and proceeded to stare at Luke's magnificent body that was under the covers. God, would Ashton love to hold Luke. "Earth to Ashton..." Luke chuckled, snapping Ashton back into reality. Ashton blushed, and shook his head violently.

"Sorry, you're just so...so...breathtaking." Ashton breathed, making Luke stare at him. Shock was evident on his face, and so was the deep red blush on his plump cheeks.

"I'm flattered, really, but come on now, I'm nothing special." Luke shrugged, tugging at the hem of his crop top.

"Fuck yeah you are, good God, every time I look at you, I lose my breath." Ashton stuttered, not realizing what he was saying. Luke looked down at the floor, too afraid to say something because he was worried he'd fuck up the moment. "You know what, Luke?"

"W-what, Ashton?"

"I think you're beautiful."

"You don't mean that."

"But I do, you are stunning." Ashton spoke quietly, reveling in the moment. Luke smiled appreciatively.

"Thanks, Ash." He nodded. Ashton smiled at the younger boy.

"It's no trouble, Luke."

"Hey, I have an idea. Do you want to make a video with me?" Luke asked, Ashton nodded and agreed. Luke shot up in bed and flung off the duvet. He fished around in his backpack for his video camera and made sure it was working. "Hi Sparklers! It's Luke here, and I have a very special guest with me! His name is Ashton, and he's really cute. He likes flowers, and is super special to me, so please be nice to him and don't scare him away." Luke grinned, positioning the camera to record his face.

Luke panned the camera towards Ashton's blotchy red face. Ashton froze, and widened his eyes. "Oh shit, I have to speak now. Alright, hi everyone!" He waved at the camera.

"A little camera shy there, Ash?" Luke teased, panning the camera towards himself. Ashton rolled his eyes then shook his head. Luke sat down back on the bed with Ashton and leaned into him. "What should we talk about?" Luke asked, looking up at Ashton's face.

"I have no idea, Lukey. What's your channel about again?" Ashton asked jokingly. Luke shoved his shoulder in a rather flirty way.

"Shut up you dork."

"Make me, you dip-thong." Ashton smirked, Luke crossed his armed and pouted. It was really cute to Ashton how Luke's eyebrows furrowed in, or how Luke really could manipulate his emotions and put on such a show. Ashton was still just so in awe of Luke, and could not fucking contain it. So he did what any socially awkward person would do, and he just burst open his feelings. He poured the words out of his mouth a mile a minute and just kept it coming.

"Luke this is probably going to sound crazy, but hey I think you're pretty cute and I have honestly been thinking this for a while now but I kind of have a bit of a crush on you, and well I am not sure how you feel about me but you know I can't really hold in my thoughts and emotions too well, so I'm sorry for ruining our friendship if you don't feel the same way; and fuck I'm sorry for talking your ear off again." Ashton babbled, Luke was wide-eyed. He had been recording the entire time and had caught everything Ashton had said on camera. Ashton didn't even flinch when Luke dropped the camera on the white bed spread and jumped onto Ashton's lap excitedly squealing like a four-year-old.

"Ashton, I like you too!" Luke laughed, beaming happily at the boy holding his frail frame. Ashton rested his chin on Luke's shoulder - because Ashton couldn't quite reach the top of his head - and sighed. A weight had been lifted off his chest, and then he remembered the video camera that was recording the duvet. He reached his arm over Luke, grabbed it and shut it off. "So, are you going to ask me out?" Luke played, Ashton shook his head.

"Patience, Hemmings."

(A/N: Yay they like each other! Super cute rewrite to the original chapter because Wattpad deleted it, thx Wattpad. Chapter 12 will be up shortly. Thanks again for the massive amount of reads!)