Chapter 12: Daffodils

(A/N: Guyssss I found this gem on Tumblr and I had to put it in the story bc flower crown ash.)

        Luke hadn't talked to Ashton in a few days, and Ashton just assumed that Luke was busy. Ashton had had lots of time at home to himself so he had made new crowns. The one he was working on now had bright yellow Daffodils, much like the sun or a bumblebee. He listened to One Direction while twisting the green stems together while sitting criss-cross-applesauce on his made bed. Over, and under, then loop it around. Ashton was heavily concentrating on his crown. He wanted to get this one finished so that he could wear it out, and maybe go get some frozen yogurt. He had been craving something sweet all week, and Michael was too lazy to go grocery shopping. 

        "Can I come in?" Michael knocked on Ashton's door. Ashton paused his music and took out his ear-buds. Michael walked in the room and saw Ashton's crown. "That's a pretty color, Crown-ie." Michael complimented, Ashton nodded.

        "You need something, don't you?" Ashton asked, rubbing his face with his flower-smelling hands. His hands weren't nearly as pretty or as soft as Luke's. Maybe he should start going for manicures...

        "Alright, you got me. I'm going out with Lissa tonight. We're meeting her parents at some fancy restaurant." Michael boasted. Ashton sighed, but didn't disagree. He was tried of always warning Michael about Lissa. Michael wouldn't listen, and Ashton needed to respect that. Instead, he just nodded and Michael smiled brightly, flinging himself onto Ashton in a big 'bro hug' as Michael referred to it as. "Thank you." Michael said repeatedly. Ashton broke away from the hug while he still could, and Michael sat on Ash's bed eagerly awaiting for Ashton to lecture him about manners (which he always did before Michael went out with Lissa's parents).

        "I'm a little too busy to lecture you. I'm gonna go to the frozen yogurt shop today, and I'm gonna wear this flower crown, your Nirvana shirt, and those skinny jeans you made me buy last time we went to the mall." Ashton said, resuming the process of putting his crown together. He looped the stems around each other a few more times, and made sure they were secure. Michael watched him curiously. Michael had asked Ashton to teach him how to make crowns, but Ashton was a horrible teacher. Michael tried to observe Ashton in action whenever he could, so that one day Ashton would accidentally teach Michael to make the crowns, and suddenly Michael would be surprising Ashton with a new flower crown daily.

        "Sounds like a fun time." Michael said, Ashton nodded. "If you can, bring me back one of those cartons of the stuff?" Michael asked, Ashton agreed.

        "Yeah, I'll be sure to get it. I'm getting the smaller one though, because whenever Lissa comes over here she eats it. It's expensive! She needs to buy her own, or stop eating my damn vanilla bean non-fat, soy frozen yogurt." Ashton huffed running a hand through his messy hair. Michael just laughed.

        "God, you're ridiculous." Michael chuckled as Ashton kicked him lightly in the calf. Ashton's phone began to ring. 'No Control' by One Direction was his ring tone, and Michael found the song rather obnoxious, so he answered for Ashton. "Hello?" He spoke, as Ashton made grabby hands for his phone. Michael jerked away, listening closely to the speaker on the other end. "Um this is Michael, what did you want?" Ashton whined loudly and tried to knock the phone out of Michael's hands, but Michael grabbed his wrist before he could hit him. "Um, I can ask him?"

        "Michael! Ask me what?!" Ashton whisper-yelled, furrowing his eyebrows. Michael shook his head and frowned.