12

Chapter Twelve: Bookstore
JENNIE'S POV

"Going somewhere today?"

I hear my mom's voice from the kitchen. Im currently in the living room, with a new pair of clothes.

"Yeah, I am," I said.

I tuck my black t-shirt in my denim jeans. Now THIS is me.

"Where are you going?" My mom asks.

I slide my hair behind my ear and pulled it to one side before walking to the kitchen to talk to my mom directly, Olive trailing behind me.

"Mall," I said, picking up Olive.

"Sweet. Oh, by the way, I heard Lisa and the girls are in the city as well," she said as she placed the wet dish on the rack before facing me.

"Yep. I'll be meeting them at the mall today," I said, playing with Olive's paws.

My mom smiles at me genuinely. "You four grew up so much. Literally," she said. "It's been two years."

I give a laugh and put Olive back down on the ground. "Where are you going today?" I ask my mom.

"Oh pfft," she said, "Meetings, meetings, and even more meetings."

"Meetings?" I ask.

"Yeah. The company I work for is looking for a new secretary and I have to go interview a couple young girls," she said, picking her nails.

"Well you should do something fun sometime," I said.

My mom nods. "Definitely. All these work crap is putting a lot of my plate," she said.

I give a chuckle and walk back into the living room. "I have to go," I said, picking up my sling bag from the couch.

"Have fun, sweetheart," my mom said, following me to the front door.

"I will," I said before waving Olive goodbye and walking out the door.

I don't have a car- looks like Im taking an uber.

It was lunch time when I arrived at the mall. I didn't expect traffic to pile up so quickly.

I enter the mall after paying the uber driver, admiring the new setup in the middle of the lobby.

I take the escalator to the second floor and my eye catches an arcade by the clothing shop.

I have time- don't I?

I run quickly to the arcade and admire the black painted walls with LED lights surrounding the place. It gives me such nostalgia from the do-it-yourself arcade we built in the province.

Smiling, I walk to the middle of the arcade where I see a giant machine that prizes you teddy bears once you collect 50 points.

"Hi ma'am, would you like to play the game?"

I jumped at the sudden voice and shake my head. It was an arcade staff.

"No thank you. I'm just glancing," I say with a smile.

"Okay. Let me know if you need anything," he said before walking over to another person.

I exit the arcade and find myself in front of a sushi restaurant.

I guess it is time for lunch.

After I finished eating I payed for the food and rode the escalator back to the first floor.

I pull out my phone and open facebook. Click the messages and find Lisa's contacts.

"Hey. We're at the 1st floor's main lobby. Waiting 4 you."

The message was sent 2 minutes ago- meaning I got time to find the lobby.

The mall was gigantic and I can barely remember where I entered from.

I walk to the right and turned left around a corner and above I see a sign with 'MAIN LOBBY' written on it.

I smile and enter the gigantic place.

There was a big artificial tree in the middle of the lobby and dozens of benches and chairs around the place for people sit.

Some children were playing, some were running and their parents are clearly tired of chasing after them.

I walk around for a bit, trying to eye a familiar black haired female.

It took me 5 minutes to find out where they were. And as soon as I did, I rushed to the bench they sat at.

"Hi. Sorry I'm late," I said.

"Yay, Jen's here!" Rose cheered as she made space for me to sit beside her.

"What do you wanna do?" Jisoo asked me. "Me and Rose were planning on going to the arcade on the second floor," she said.

"Oh I've seen that! The place was beautiful," I said.

"Exactly. My point! Lisa said it was too boring," Rose rolled her eyes as Lisa gave her a playful shove.

The black haired laughed. "Well in my defense I wanted to check out the bookstore beside the craft store," she said.

"Fine, you go there. Me and Jisoo will go to the arcade," Rose said with another eye roll.

"I'll join Lisa at the bookstore," I said.

"Nerds," Jisoo said.

"Hey!" I playfully exclaimed.

Jisoo giggled as she grabbed Rose's hand and stood up. "Just kidding. Well then- see you both later?"

Lisa nods, "Okay then."

And with that two words and a nod for a reply, Jisoo and Rose bolted to the escalator.

Lisa and I laughed at the sight of then getting scolded by a janitor cause Rose nearly knocked down the 'FLOOR IS WET' sign.

"Let's go to the bookstore?" Lisa asked.

I nod and follow her along the gigantic mall.

You know, this makes me really happy. This simple moment can make butterflies swirl in my stomach.

And as Lisa awe-d at the cute stores we pass by, I realized this is all I need.

Her.

Hello! This book is nearly complete and Im sorry if not much happened- though I promise to work on more books like this! Please vote and comment to boost the book! And make sure to follow my account for more kpop (blackpink) books. I love you.

Also I'll be moving out of my house temporarily and I might not be able to access wifi but I will write chapters offline. Might update slowly this week and next week.