o. to begin anew

NULL: TO BEGIN ANEW

NULL: TO BEGIN ANEW

( set seven month's after season 2 )

✲*'。

SHE WAS LIKE A PRETTY DOLL, a toy that only amused one for so long, a pretty feature to adorn one's chambers. Enide Pendragon was like a portrait, a rare gem to behold, an article of history to admire before it lost all value, to be left withering away to collect dust on the shelves.

Nothing had changed, in her disappearance Morgana had been the one saught after. Enide had only been an afterthought to her father, to her mother it had been as if nothing had changed; her brother still took precedence. The only soul that had dared to openly celebrate her rescue had been the golden prat himself. As she lies sealed away in her bedchambers, Enide can only recall the genuine delight and happiness of her brother when he saw her in that forest. The stark relief in his eyes as he cradled her close, bruising grip on her arm as if he thought he would lose her again.

Arthur had displayed no clear preference, he was equally relived to have finally spotted both his sisters ( one true and one by chance ) in that clearing. Not all was lost, the Lady Morgana Fay and Lady Enide Pendragon had finally returned safe and sound, back where they belonged.

That was what Enide had clung to, in all those months of captivity and tortue. In all those traitorous moments where Morgana pleaded with her, begged her to see her way, the supposed only way but Enide had held firm. As she crooned whispers of gleaming poison into her supposed sisters ear, Enide's heart remained true and determined.

Arthur would be the future king of Camelot, he was the one of the only Pendragon's who remained true and fair, the only one who could do right by their people. Uther was too prejudiced, too cruel in his ways, Alayne was a coward, the one who could have potentially changed her husbands heart, yet she remained hiding in the shadows. Enide was base born, would only ever truly be considered if her brother truly perished, if no other relative could be plucked from the darkest of alcoves.

It would matter not, Arthur Pendragon would bring about Albion, reunite the long drawn out divide between mere human and magic. A prophecy as old as time, words that had been spoken into existence long before Enide and her family had been borne.

The Lady Enide Pendragon would await in the shadows, keenly observing everything and everyone in the shadows, finally re blossoming with the coming of spring after the long, harsh winter. This time instead of a simple rose, Enide would be re-borne with thorns, would no longer be the simpering little girl hiding in the shadows of others.

It was time for Enide to begin anew, to charter a new path, to no longer be a pawn. She would no longer be a shiny doll, waiting for the moment she lost her shine.

The people around her were only beginning to show their true colours, highlight the ugliness that laid under their courtly facades. Arthur, Guinevere, Lynette, Kahedin and Merlin were the ones of the only few Enide could trust, could devout herself to, trust that they would not leave her to rot.

She refused to lose herself, lose her purpose in the corruption of power like her father, become ignorant to those suffering around her like her mother. And most importantly, Enide was determined to not give in to her anger, refused to target those innocent of the crimes of their predecessor, like Morgana.

It was high time Enide Pendragon arose from the ashes of whom she used to be. The innocent, naive girl had perished the moment Morgause stole her away, the moment the girl Enide considered her sister began to sprout venomous poison about their brother. In her place laid a desecrated would be woman clinging to whatever sense of clarity she had left.

Enide would not falter, would not commit the one act of treason Morgana would be so readily able to commit. Kill their brother.

The game is truly afoot.

✲*'。