XVII

Finally, Monday.

You're probably wondering what Eliana was so happy about. Who likes Mondays?

"Monday" means she's leaving the house.

Casey, who ignored Eliana's initial attempts to wake her up, at this point showed up in a dining room with slumped shoulders, in an oversized, white T-shirt and black jeans. Her mood was so gloomy Eliana wouldn't be surprised if the cloud with rain appeared over her head any minute now.

She dropped on a chair as if it was a punishment to simply exist. Eliana was sure she was still frustrated about what occurred yesterday. She could tell the meeting with Rafael.

Vincenti brothers looked like models that are ready to go on a photo shoot for a fashion magazine at any moment. It wasn't a compliment, just a simple observation.

It was 7 am. This shouldn't be legal.

Of course, they were in different states of readiness to leave the house. Rafael was the most prepared, seated at the front of the table with a cup of coffee in his hand already in his black suit.

Then there was Milo whose hazel hair was neatly combed, he wore a maroon blazer with an emblem on his chest, a tie of the same colour, and beige pants.

Remi's hair, on the other hand, was completely in disarray, his jacket slung over the kitchen chair, and his shirt was wrinkled and unevenly buttoned.

The table was piled with various products. Fresh bread, croissants, homemade jams, and creams made of three types of chocolate are stored in small jars next to the fruit bowl.

"Casey you're not allowed to leave the home or school grounds without your sister's permission. You will be driving to school and coming back with Milo or Remi" Rafael instructed.

"Sweet, it means we're serving as her chauffeurs now," Remi said sarcastically and sent Casey a hateful look.

"Do you have a problem with that?" Rafael asked, seemingly kind voice but there was an underlying threat in it.

"No," Remi muttered properly subdued, any other answer would get him in a shit tone of trouble.

"Good" Rafael seemed to be pleased with that response.

"Excuse me what? Eliana, can you tell your man to get off my case? By the way, I'm going to enrol in a normal school, not some school for snobs" Casey glanced with a disgusted expression at the uniform that Milo was wearing.

"You will be going to the school you're admitted to," Rafael said calmly.

"I really need you to fuck off. Eliana control your man" Casey said, angrily.

"Hey little girl, did you just raise your voice at my brother and told him to fuck off? Are you stupid or something?" Remi asked in a dangerous voice.

"I sure as hell did. Do you have hearing troubles?" She asked defiantly, leaning towards him.

Remi in response flicked her on the nose.

"Ouch" She squealed as she jumped back and grabbed the aching tip of her nose.

"Remi, sit down for God's sake" Rafael sighed.

Eliana covered her face with her hands.

"Why should I?" Remi asked.

"Sorry about her. Casey is a bit ... " Eliana started saying.

"Of a brat?" Milo asked with clear irritation.

"Eliana, stop apologizing for your sister. She's sixteen, not six if she felt sorry for her behaviour she would tell us" Rafael informed.

"As if. I'm not at all sorry" Casey said.