Markus: Chapter 4

Y/N and Markus entered the mansion. Markus took off his jacket and hung it up. "Can I turn on the birds?" Y/N asked Markus as he put down the paint. "Go ahead." Markus opened the cage and grabbed one of the birds for her. He handed it to her and watched as she turned the bird on. Markus placed the bird back in the cage and they repeated the same actions with the second bird.

Markus closed the cage. "Good job Y/N, now go find a mug you want to use while I get your dad ready." Y/N nodded and quickly ran into the kitchen.

"Now which one to use..." Y/N had been standing there for ten minutes trying to decide. She settled on the F/C mug that her dad bought for her on her birthday. Y/N climbed the counter and stood on it. She opened the cabinet and stood on her tip toes. "Almost..." Y/N stretched her arm out and grabbed the mug.

Y/N placed it down on a space on the counter. Y/N closed the cabinet, then heard the door open. "Y/N! Careful!" Markus ran and grabbed grabbed Y/N as she had almost fell. "You could have asked for my help." "I'm sorry Markus, you were busy with my dad. I didn't wanna bother you more."

Markus stood Y/N on the ground and grabbed her mug for her. "It wouldn't have been a bother. Next time please just ask." Y/N nodded and followed Markus as he grabbed two trays. Y/N sat down on the seat next to her dad. Markus served them there food. "Thank you Markus." "Thanks Markus!" Y/N had her F/D poured into her cup. "Why don't you find something to do while we eat?" Carl told Markus. "Ok Carl." Markus walked off.

"So how was your little trip with Markus, Y/N?" "It was fun! Well mostly. When we first got there I was kind of hungry, so I stopped at a hotdog cart. I guess the man didn't see me and only saw Markus, and he pushed him kinda rough." Y/N picked at what was left of her food. "Markus looks ok Y/N. I'm sure he isn't hurt. As long as nothing too bad happened to him." Carl ruffled Y/N's hair which earned a smile from her.

"Then we got the paint and Markus bought me a lollipop!" Y/N finished her food and stood up. "I'm gonna go see what Markus is doing." Y/N pushed in her chair and quickly put her dishes in the sink of the kitchen. Y/N walked into the living room, which was connected to the dining room.

Y/N sat on the piano bench next to Markus and watched him play. She always felt safe around him. Y/N watched as her dad came over and watched Markus play. After his song was over Y/N heard her dad speak to Markus. "Something is different in the way that you play." "That was great Markus!"

"Come on, lets go to my studio." Y/N ran into the art studio and the lights turned on. Y/N grabbed her own container filled with paint brushes and paint. She took it to her canvas nearby. It had nothing but a few strokes on it for now, but once it was done, it was going to be beautiful.

Y/N honestly didn't know what to paint, she was making random strokes until it came to her. After a few minutes Y/N had given up. "Nothing inspires me..." Y/N placed down her supplies and went over to Markus and her father, who were standing in front of a canvas.

"That's a perfect copy." Carl said looking at the painting Markus made, it was the exact same one Carl had been painting. Y/N tuned out the rest and decided to go clean off her brushes. Once she was done she went back to them and looked at what Markus painted.

"It looks great Markus! What is it?" Y/N saw what looked to be an android and a man. The android seemed to be standing behind a man in a wheelchair. "Hey that looks like you and my dad!" Y/N smiled at Markus. Markus merely smiled and ruffled Y/N's hair.

Y/N heard the door open. "Hey dad." "Leo?" Y/N turned to the door and smiled. "Leo!" Y/N ran to him and hugged him. Leo didn't return the hug, he merely looked down at Y/N. Leo didn't hate her, he just didn't really like her. Before she was adopted, he was an only child. "I missed you." Y/N held onto his arm and looked at Markus and her dad.

"What are you doing here?" "I need some cash." As Leo and Carl talked, Markus signaled for Y/N to come to him. Y/N gave him a questioning look. Markus just gestured for her to go over to him. Y/N slowly let go over Leo. Her face had sadness written all over it but she walked to Markus.

"Is it more obedient than me? It's a fucking machine!" Leo pushed Markus. "Leo that's enough!" You never loved me dad. You never loved me." Y/N watched with tears in her eyes. She felt conflicted. She felt bad for her brother but she also wanted to help Markus.

Leo walked out of the studio. "Leo!" Y/N ran after him and tried to catch up with him. Leo had walked out the door and closed it just as Y/N caught up with him. Y/N sniffled and sighed. She never saw her brother much, she missed him already.

Y/N walked back to the studio and saw Markus and her dad talking. Y/N picked up her paint brushes and started painting. Once she finished she cleaned her brushes once more. Y/N walked out of the studio, ignoring her father and Markus calling her name.

"What did she paint Markus?" Carl asked as he moved next to Markus who was by your canvas. "It's us... Together." The painting had Carl, Markus, Leo and Y/N all together smiling, and happy.