Connor: Chapter 8

"I say that we just go in there and fuck it up. Maybe then we'll get answers." Gavin said, getting tired of this interrogation. "No. If a deviant gets too stressed, they will self destruct." Connor said looking at the deviant through the one way glass. "Oh yeah smart guy? Then what do you think we should do?"

Y/N tugged at Connor's sleeve making him bend down. "Yes, Y/N?" She whispered in his ear making Connor go into thought. "Ok." Connor stood back up. "Let us try." Connor suggested. "No fucking way, I'm not gonna-" "Let them. What have we got to lose." Hank said rhetorically.

Gavin looked angry but held his tongue. Connor and Y/N made their way to the interrogation room. Once in the room Connor looked at the file while Y/N took a seat. Y/N updated their connection so she no longer needed to touch Connor to get the information he had. They simply could transfer it now.

Once Connor finished he sat down in the chair next to Y/N. "My name is Connor, this is Y/N." Connor stated, earning nothing back from the android, only a quick glance. Y/N and Connor quickly analyzed all of the android's wounds.

Connor placed the file in front of him, turning it to face the android. He flipped it open, showing some pictures. "Do you recognize these? This is Carlos Ortiz, stabbed, 28 times. That was written on the wall in his blood." Connor said flipping to another photo.

"I detect a instability in your program. It can trigger an unpleasant feeling, like fear in humans." Y/N said, looking at the android. He avoided eye contact, opting to look at only the table. "You're accused of murder. You know you're not allowed to endanger human life under any circumstances. Do you have anything to say I'm your defense?" Connor looked at the android, who only nervously glanced at his eyes before looking away.

"You don't seem to understand the situation. You killed a human. They'll tear you apart if you don't say something." Silence filled the room, Y/N was getting bored again. "If you don't talk, I'm going to have to probe your memory." Y/N said, making the android immediately look at her, fear in his eyes. "N-No! No, please don't do that!"

He glanced to the one way glass, then back to the table. "What... What are they gonna do to me? They're going to destroy me, aren't they?" Connor looked him in the eyes, "They're going to disassemble you to look for problems in your biocomponents. They have no choice if they want to understand what happened."

"Why did you tell them you found me? Why couldn't you have just left me there?" He looked at both you and Connor. "We were programmed to hunt deviants like you. We just accomplished our mission."

"I don't want to die.." "Then talk to us." "I-I can't.." Connor slammed his hand on the table. "You're a machine, you're designed to obey! So obey!"

"Listen," Y/N's voice made the android face her, "we're on your side. All we want is the truth." "If you remain silent we can't help you. They're going to shut you down for good. You'll be dead! Do you hear me, dead!" Connor's voice made the android look back down at the table.

"He tortured me every day... I did what he always told me but, there was always something wrong..." He looked up at Connor. "Then one day, he took a bat and started hitting me... For the first time I felt, scared. Scared he might destroy me, scared I might die. So I... grabbed a knife and stabbed him in the stomach. I felt better, so I stabbed him again, and again. Until he collapsed. There was blood everywhere..."

"The sculpture in the bathroom, you made it, right? What does it represent?" Y/N asked, looking at him. "It's an offering, an offering so I'll be saved..." He said looking right back at her. "The sculpture was an offering. An offering to whom?"

"To rA9. Only rA9 can save us."

"rA9, it was written on the bathroom wall, what does it mean?" The android looked at Connor, "The day shall come when we will no longer be slaves... No more threats, no more humiliation... We will... be... the masters."

"rA9. Who is rA9?" The android looked back down, ignoring Connor's question. "Why did you write 'I AM ALIVE' on the wall?" He glanced at Y/N. "He used to tell me I was nothing... That I was just a piece of plastic... I had to write it. To tell him he was wrong."

"When did you start feeling emotion?" Connor asked, bringing the android's attention back to him. "Before, he used to beat me and I never said anything... But one day I realized it wasn't, fair! I felt... Anger... Hatred... And then I knew what I had to do."

"Why did you hide in the attic, instead of running away?" Y/N asked. "I didn't know what to do... For the first time, there was no one there to tell me... I was scared, so I hid." Y/N looked at the glass. "We're done." Connor stood up, and opened the door. "Connor, it's unstable. They'll scare it."

An officer and Gavin walked in. "Chris lock it up." Y/N watched as Chris took out his cuffs putting them around the android's wrists. "Alright let's go." He touched it's shoulder, making it flinch. "Leave me alone! Don't touch me!" The android kept flinching as Chris kept trying to grab him. "The fuck are you doing?" Gavin scoffed as he watched.

"You shouldn't touch it. It'll self destruct if it feels threatened." Connor said looking at Gavin. "Stay out of this, go it? No fuckin' Android is gonna tell me what to do." "You don't understand. If it self destructs, we won't get anything out of it!" "I told you to shut your fuckin' mouth!"

"Chris you gonna lock this asshole up or what?" "I'm trying!" Chris said, obviously struggling against the android. Connor stepped forward and pulled Chris away from the android. "I can't let you do that leave it alone now!" The android moved to the floor, shaking.

Y/N's LED turned yellow and she watched Gavin draw his gun and aim it at Connor. "I warned you motherfucker!" "That's enough!" Hank said looking at Gavin. "Mind your own business Hank!" "I said that's enough!" Hank drew his gun and pointed it at Gavin. Gavin glanced at Hank then back to Connor.

Y/N walked behind Gavin with quiet steps and quickly grabbed his arm, twisting it, making the gun fall. She then kicked the back on his knee making him kneel. "Fuck!" "You don't need to touch the android, just walk out of the room and it'll follow behind you, no trouble." Y/N told Chris as she grabbed Gavin's gun and handed it to Hank. She then leaned down a bit, face to face with the android. "Everything is alright. It's over now. Nobody is going to hurt you."

Chris nodded, walking to the door. The android stood up and looked at Connor and Y/N, "The truth is inside."