𝕭𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐨 𝐗 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈) ꨄ︎

After breakfast, Bucciarati let you rest on the sofa while he washed the cups and plates used. The meal made you sleepy so you decided it was fine to take a short nap first. 'I'll become fatter if this goes on.' Your heavy lids didn't care as it closed down.

Bucciarati went straight to the silent living room after his task only to see your sleeping form. He stood beside the sofa, casting a shadow as he thoughtfully studied you. One of your knees was bent and had made the hem of your dress rise letting him peek your (F/c) underwear. Smiling at your unbothered posture, he gently pulled down your leg and put some pillows at your tummy's sides.

Your lashes fanned your cheeks which made you appear innocent and easily bullied. Well covers do fool most, because in truth, you were a petite spitfire, the prior dominance you displayed was enough proof. The huge bump on your abdomen was truly eye catching, his warm palm couldn't help but rub it, his touch made you purr in content while asleep. Bucciarati chuckled at your involuntary reaction, thus he decided to let you sleep more. He pushed a single seater close to your side and took a book to read. In the end, not much reading had been done, you were more pleasant to watch.

Your back numbed a bit from your unchanging position and this wakened you up topped by the feeling that you were under a heated gaze. Letting out a soft moan, your lids shook and and lazily fluttered open. You were quite right at the latter feeling, Bucciarati met your dazed gaze with a warm smile. 'Had he been staring at me the whole time?'

"What time is it?" Your voice sounded hoarse and still sleepy. He answered that it was almost noon and this temporarily surprised you. The pillows at your sides helped the pressure in your belly that must've been the cause why the short nap got dragged to a longer one. Using your elbows, you hoisted your body up and Bucciarati knew what you wanted to do and held your back in assistance.

"I need to see the doctor at 2 o'clock." You informed which he nodded in agreement. "Are you hungry?" He asked in his warm serious tone. Rolling your eyes at his questions, you responded, "Am I a pig in your eyes?" You just slept after eating and now that you had woken up, he suggested to eat again?

"No, my wife. "𝑺𝒆𝒊 𝒍𝒂 𝒑𝒊𝒖̀ 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂." (You're the prettiest) He whispered behind your back his arms gently looping around you. You bit your lip hiding back a smile. 'What a smooth talker.' Your mood lifted up and you obediently let him guide you back to the kitchen. "What are you cooking?" Your voice muffled in a suppressed yawn as you rubbed the drowsiness away.

"Something healthy. You have not been eating right while I was away." He spoke in half scolding raking his reprimanding eyes on your seated form. Keeping silent, you were guilty as charged but in your defense, the pregnancy had made your taste buds picky and your mood swings intensified. It was hard to follow a decent diet with all the hormonal changes.

"I'm taking a bath. We are healthy, the doctor said so. Oh, you weren't here so it's no wonder." You answered in a quip. He hit a sore spot and the greatest mistake he made was throwing it to a hormonal pregnant woman with an explosive temper. Strutting out the kitchen, you didn't want to quarrel with him and ruin this day. Bucciarati was left tongue-tied at your acid counter and let you steam off alone. Handling you was as hard if not more difficult than doing his missions, it was like stepping blindly on a field of landmines and in just one wrong step, everything explodes.

Taking a bath provided you adequate time to calm down and realize your prior childishness. 'Why am I so easily angered?' Picking out a casual maternity outfit, you dressed up and went back down to the dining table where your husband patiently waited. When he saw your figure, his eyes softened and any traces of anger you expected from your harsh flippant reply wasn't there. "Come 𝑩𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒐, I'm sure the twins are hungry now." He coaxed and pulled a chair for you. This tender approach to appease you only added to your guilt.