Chapter 5- A Ghost

Porter and I flew through the library. What better way to find answers than to go to a place that may have held all the answers we needed? Porter looked around, confused. He wasn't used to going to the place as much as I was.

"(Y/n), where are we going?" Porter asked.

"Well, love, this library has records of every ghost that's ever lived in Ghost World. If Principal Revenant is up to something, we might find something if we look into her past," I explained.

We gathered a small stack of books, making them float as we looked through them. I glanced sideways at Porter and shook my head. He wasn't doing anything except playing with pencils.

"Porter and (Y/n), cracking the case. Solving lots of mysteries all over the place, yeah!" Porter said, using the books as drums.

I glared at him. "What? I'm writing our theme song. All good duos need a theme song."

"If that's so, then why didn't you come up with one three years ago, when you caught me in the dungeons?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Because. This time we're not evading teachers. We're actually having fun while we're trapped here together," Porter explained, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I shook my head, turning back to the book. "Nothing."

"Nothing bad about Principal Revenant?" Porter questioned, pulling away.

"Nothing at all about Principal Revenant," I corrected him. "There's nothing about her at all. Like she never existed at all."

"If there's no record of Revenant, then that could only mean one thing. She's a... she's a... g-g-g-ghost!" Porter joked.

"Funny," I deadpanned, flying away from him.

"Come on, that was a little funny!" Porter whined. He flew up to me. "But seriously, though. If there's nothing there, that totally proves she's up to something."

"I don't know. Maybe there's nothing to find. Maybe she's just a regular principal trying to make a positive difference at her school, and-" I stopped short when I saw my ghost friends from Monster High with chains on them.

Porter frowned. "Or not."

"Welcome, new students, welcome," Principal Revenant greeted them.

"They're all from my school. Why are they here, and wearing detention chains?" I questioned.

Porter put a hand on my shoulder, calming me slightly.

"I think you'll feel right at home at our school. We're always on the lookout to take in bright, new ghost students like you. Welcome to Haunted High! Now, off you go then. You don't want to be late for Ectonomics," Principal Revenant explained.

"(Y/n)!" Operetta called. "They got you too?"

"How are you even a ghost?" Johnny questioned.

"I've always been one. Twyla gave me something since I wanted to visit, and now we're stuck in this mess," I explained.

"I don't understand. One minute, Monster High. Then all of a sudden, we're hit with these chains and pulled to the Ghost World," Scara explained.

"Some kind of mandatory transfer?" Johnny guessed.

"I don't wanna be here. Johnny, I wanna go home," Operetta said.

"Well, don't you ghosts worry. (Y/n) and I are on the case," Porter assured them.

"Oh, this is Porter. He's a paintergeist," I explained. "Just sit tight. We're gonna figure out what's going on."