Chapter 8- Hurt

The Moanitors found a way to override the boat. A few minutes later, they were gone.

"Well, that's annoying," River remarked.

"I'm sorry my notes gave away the boogie sand. I was just trying to help you two," Clawdeen apologized.

"No. This is my fault. I never should've opened those windows to Monster High," Kiyomi protested.

Draculaura sighed. "Don't blame yourself, Kiyomi. If I hadn't been such a scaredy-bat, Spectra and (Y/n) wouldn't have come back to Haunted High in the first place."

"No. This is somebody else's fault." I frowned, flying off.

We flew through the library and into the wall, where we found Porter putting the curtain back up. I crossed my arms as I stopped a few feet from him. He looked at me in relief. Like something good was something to come out of it.

"(Y/n), good, you're back. We have to talk," Porter said.

I scowled. "Oh, you've got that right."

"I know. You're all really angry at me. But I can explain," Porter begged.

"Angry? Angry doesn't even begin to describe what we are feeling, paintergeist," Draculaura snapped.

"I understand. But if you just-"

"Oh, you understand? Must be pretty hard to understand when you've got paint for brains," Rochelle cut him off.

"(Y/n), please," Porter begged.

"You broke my trust. No need to beg now." I shook my head. "You hurt me. You hurt my friends. And there is no way to fix that."

"But, I-"

"We've heard enough. Go get him, little fish guy," Sirena demanded.

Aye began smacking his feet as we talked over each other.

"Can I just show you something?" Porter said, making us stop and turn to him as he pulled something out of his pocket.

"This better be good," I snorted.

Porter pulled out the key and twisted it to the correct combination. Our chains flew around us before landing around his waist, making him sink to the floor. I looked at him in disbelief, my emotions changing almost immediately.

Rochelle nodded. "Okay, that is pretty good."

I flew over to him, comforting him.

"I had to make a deal with Revenant so I could see how this key thing works. And I kinda borrowed it, so I could get you all out of detention," Porter explained. "I figured out watching Revenant that the detention chains can't be broken. Only transferred to another ghost using this key. So, I set it to transfer them to me. Here. You can use this to free the Monster High ghosts and take them back to the Monster World."

"You're still full of surprises," I said, smiling softly as I held the key delicately.

"Yeah, I guess." Porter chuckled. "Well, here's one more."

I gasped as I recognized the all-too-familiar setting. Mom never let me set it up before and after she passed. I marveled as the girls cooed. My art studio that Porter used to use. It made me feel nostalgic.

"Do you like it?" Porter asked hesitantly.

I hugged him. I knew he would never betray me completely. Porter was always there.

Porter chuckled. "(Y/n)'s back."