|nine|

and suddenly malia touched something in the moss. it felt like she was being possessed, even worse thinking that all of the things that happened to ruby lane, tommy or all the other shadyside killers, were now going to happen to her.

but instead, malia saw everything. she saw sarah fier, hanging from the famous tree. she saw nick goodes ancestor, solomon goode hanging her. and she also saw why.

sarah fier was hanged because she found out solomon goodes secret. he was the one, responsible for everything. everything that had happened in shadyside. all the killers, all the victims and all the dead people.

through three hundred generations, each firstborn of the goode family continued the deal solomon goode made with the devil.

so, sunnyvale got better and better, while shadyside became more of a shit hole than it already was. and sarah fier, the first shadysider, tried to tell the people the truth.

she was never bad. she just wanted people to believe her.

and then malia snapped out. her breathing heavily, her heart racing. sarah fiers bones in her hand. malia knew the truth. the truth about sarah fier, about nick, and she didn't knew how to process it.

she sat back, her breathing heavily as she touched the back of the stone. "malia?!" she heard someone shout from the distance, her name echoing.

"nick." malia whispered silently, looking up to the entrance of the cave. and then it hit her. malia realized that nick was the one who possessed tommy. he was the one responsible for jeremys death. responsible for the massacre. she had been sleeping with the devil. and that was exactly what she wanted.

malias mouth opened, her eyes filling with tears.
her breathing got even heavier than it already was, making her panic. her watch started ringing, quickly revealing where malia was. why was it even ringing? it wasn't even time to take her pills.

she quickly turned off her watch in panic, standing up and trying to go somewhere safe. away from nick. but she couldn't walk, neither could she think straight.

how could he, nick goode, betray her like that? malia believed he was a good guy. she trusted him in everything that he told her, everything he did.

she liked him. him and his love for insects, books and how he liked her. how he made malia feel safe, feel loved when no one else did. how he treated her.

nick was the first one who really listened to her, the first one who genuinely liked her. or was it all a joke? was it all just bullshit?

malia felt dizzy, like she was about to pass out, so she sat down and just waited for nick to find her, sitting on the cold stone with sarah fiers hand in malias own hand.

"malia!?" nick screamed again, trying to find her in the cold cave. "nick.." she whispered quietly just like she did a few seconds ago.

suddenly he appeared in the entrance of the cave, his eyes wide open as he saw malia sitting against the stone, covered in moss and blood.

he quickly walked over to her, kneeled down and tried helping her in some way, but malia just looked at him with tears in her eyes, them rolling down her cheek.

"are you okay?" he asked, sitting down in front of her, but thats when he spotted sarah fiers bones in malias lap. his eyes widened as malia just continued to stare at the most innocent boy she had ever seen in her whole life. but he turned out to be the devil.

"malia-" nicks voice was shaky, his eyes still wide open. he tried to touch malia, but she instead was just backing off, just like nick did when they first met each other.

"don't you dare touch me." malia said, trying to stand up. but then she felt a hand on her arm pulling her down. "don't you dare fucking move." nick said angrily, tears rolling down his cheek.

malias eyes widened, as he said those words. she was never more scared of him than she was in this situation. she moved closer to the stone as nick walked around the cave, trying to explain everything.

"you're a murderer! you fucking psycho!" malia screamed at him as he told her the story of the goodes.

"i got it all, malia. i could give you everything. i could give you all that you want! i would sacrifice the fucking world for you! you just have to say yes." nick kneeled down in front of her.

he would sacrifice the world for her..

she looked at him, anger in malias eyes as she spit into his face. "you're a murderer!" malia said and started to scream. she screamed as loud as she could, begging for someone to hear her.

and then he slapped her on the cheek, making her go quiet. she put her hand on her cheek, feeling blood slowly run down.

"be quiet, and let me talk." nick said, making malia nod. she was scared of him, but deep down she felt this feeling if comfort in the boy in front of her. she was begging to know why he continued all this

"you told me not to continue this. be the person i want to be. remember?" nick sat down in front of her, playing with the red moss on the floor.

"but i still did. because of you. i wanted to give you everything, and even more, malia. i did it for you." nick explained the whole situation, trying to make malia understand.

she shook her head in pain. not only in her body but also in her head. "i had everything! i had you!" she screamed at nick, making him look at malia.

"you still have me. you have even more! one person a few years, for everything that you could have ever wished for, my dear." he placed one hand on malias chin, making her look up.

and suddenly, malia felt an oddly feeling of comfort in nicks face, his body. their faces were millimeters apart from each other. she looked into his eyes, and it felt like she was in heaven, when it reality, she was trapped in hell. he was the devil.

his hand was still resting on malias chin, while her hands moved to his cheeks. she wiped away the tear which was falling down his left cheek, making nick smile. his face moved more forward, but before their lips could meet, he said something, making malia look down.

"be my accomplice."