|six|

she was still dreaming. malia looked to her left, not a single sight of nick. she slowly stood up, seeming to be able to control her dream.

she walked towards the door of the cabin, slowly opening it as she saw a few people outside just staring at her.

malia stepped back, hoping to wake up, but that was not gonna happen anytime soon. she looked at the people, noticing bruises, and blood all over them.

cindy, jeremy, looking completely destroyed, blood running down to their feet, forming a puddle. malia slowly walked towards cindy, grabbing her hand.

"what happened to you?" tears were forming in malias eyes. "don't trust him." cindy said and then all of sudden disappeared.

she walked up to jeremy and asked him the same thing she just asked cindy. "tommy." he said, and just as cindy did, disappeared.

malia walked up to tommy, not needing to ask a question. it was him again, with the axe in his hands, blood over his face.

"not me." he said and disappeared. malia looked around, noticing that a few blankets were laying in front of the town hall. she walked towards them, slowly pulling it away, exposing dead shadysiders.

malia stepped back, her tears were running down in shook, making malia panic. she looked around, noticing that not everything was looking the same.

the forest wasn't that close to the camp, neither was this cave, malia just spotted. she started walking towards it, her mind telling her not to, but she didn't listen, even tho she should've.

without hesitating, she walked down the stairs, into the cave. and just like in her other dream, she saw the devils mark, feeding from the blood of dead shadysiders.

she heard a noise, making her turn around. a man who looked like an older version of nick, walked in, wearing a black robe.

in his one hand he was holding a book, and in the other one something which seemed like black hat. he didn't notice malia as he sat down, neither when he started to read something from the book.

was it something like a ritual? he listed some names, malia not knowing what they meant until the very last one. satan.

malia walked around the room in the cave, analyzing every single thing, hoping to remember something when she wakes up.

and then something happened, making her stop from stepping around. her whole mind felt clouded at that very moment. "malia berman." she heard someone say.

quickly turning around, malia noticed something being carved in the walls where a few other names were already written on.

she stepped towards it, reading her very own name out loud. she turned around and noticed that the man was gone. she felt a tap on her shoulder, and as malia turned around, she felt a sharp pain in her stomach.

the man who was just gone, was now standing in front of her. looking down, malia noticed a knife being pulled out of her stomach.

and then she started to scream. she screamed louder than she ever did. "wake up! wake up!" frustration overcame her as the man stabbed her again.

one last time. "wake up!"

and so she did with nick laying next to her. on the day of color war. her mind was empty, and she couldn't remember what just happened, but all she knew was, that this, was reality.

                                   ***
with her head against the wall, malia looked around the cabin, seeing a few campers prepare something for the color war tomorrow.

her mind was empty, but still full of thoughts. "malia!" cindy slapped her hand on the table in front of her.

malia snapped back to reality as cindy asker her if she was okay. "yea, i am fine." malia just answered, actually lying.

"are you sure?" cindy asked again. "yes, cindy. i am sure." she answered and then stood up to search for nick, who she found outside, helping some campers.

they were working on some shirts for each side, shadyside, and sunnyvale. and still, malia didn't understood why there was a need to put them into two teams.

from the distance she just watched them, waving at nick as he spotted malia. he looked genuinely happy, and if he was, malia was too.

after a while of watching them, malia noticed tommy sitting on a bench by himself. he looked confused, like he was just focused on one thing. from the distance, malia noticed a few flies flying around him.

———

A/N: hi! i just wanted to say thank u for 400 reads! they get more and more each day! i rlly appreciate it. also, i hate this chapter, but i just kinda wanna get away with it and start with the night of color war, so i can slowly start planning the end. well, technically i already did, and lets just say that you're not going to guess the plottwist.