one

tuesday:

today started like every other day, far too early for most people but the perfect time for me.

6am.

for some reason i think that waking up that early makes me more productive and the bonus is that no one else is awake.

usually i don't get much sleep as i'm either kept up with the most random nightmares or just insomnia.

however i had roughly an hour's sleep so i'm a little tired but i have enough energy to function.

once i had gotten into my exercise clothes i headed downstairs as quietly as possible, trying not to wake anyone.

and then towards the kitchen to get a bottle of water before i head out on my morning run.

"good morning." i greeted my mom.

she smiled at me whilst she continued to prep the food that she was making.

"are you going on a run?" mom questioned.

i nodded, placing my bottle down on the side as i went to put my shoes on.

"be safe, don't talk to strangers and..." she began her usual lecture that i had now learnt fluently.

"don't go down any dark alleys, i know." i laughed.

she smiled at me, taking a moment to study my face before returning to her previous task.

"oh and nova?" she questioned.

i grabbed my bottle off the side before pausing to hear what she had to say.

"keep your phone on." she told me.

although i was annoyed to hear her say that, i nodded and opened the front door.

the second that i shut it, i began stretching my legs before starting to run.

for some reason with the early morning air filling my lungs, i felt so much calmer and relaxed.

you know what would make you feel better?

i shook the thought from my head, deciding to listen to the birds singing which almost created enough noise for me to not focus on.

-

after running for about twenty minutes, i walked or should i say hobbled the short way home because my knee was hurting me.

i used my key to unlocked the door, pushing it open and making sure to shut it behind me before turning the handle three times for some sort of twisted luck.

"nova! did you have a nice run?" my dad greeted me.

i nodded in response, still caught up by the pain in my knee.

"are you okay?" mom questioned.

my gaze shifted to where she was standing as i tried to inch forward with my painful knee.

"yeah...i think so...no" i spoke.

she nodded, turning around before going into the cupboard and pulling out some tynenol and handing it to me.

i thanked her and took it, swallowing both of the pills before take a couple of sips of water.

"i think i'm gonna go have a shower and see if that eases the pain." i told her.

you know what would?

she nodded.

"i'm making you some breakfast so it'll probably be ready when you're done." she told me.