four

saturday:

however the slumber was not long lasting as i was woken by someone shaking me.

turning over, i opened my eyes to see my mom standing over me giving me a sort of sorry smile.

"sorry to wake you sweetheart but we've got to be on the road in an hour, i left you as long as i could." she told me.

i just nodded as my way of accepting her apology and letting her know that i wasn't going to bite her head off.

"i'm sure you've got stuff to do before we leave so if you can meet us outside in about forty minutes then that would be amazing." she told me.

once again i nodded, thankful that i wasn't being rushed into doing anything and that i could take this at my own pace.

but due to the fact that no one was around to tell me to get up, i turned back over and stare at the wall for the next ten minutes.

"there's no point going back to sleep nova, you can do that on the bus." mom reminded me.

i sighed, lifted myself out of bed but for some reason i struggled to bear any weight on my ankle.

"no this seriously cannot be happening now." i whined.

for a few years now i had been waking up with the most random of symptoms.

whether that be my ankle stuck in a strange position or not being able to put any weight on it.

but i've always just had to carried on and act like nothing's happening because i don't want anyone to worry.

so i hobbled over to my closet, picking out yet another one of billie's hoodies and some sweatpants to wear.

after taking the time to put them on, i headed for the bathroom to brush my teeth and then go and find the rest of my family.

however as i did, i bumped into billie who instantly looked concerned at my hobble.

"what happened to you?" she asked.

i shrugged, not sure i could find an actual reason behind why my leg didn't want to work.

"let me know if you need anything." she told me.

i nodded, pushing past her and into the bathroom to get this over with as quickly as i could.

though it wasn't long before i was interrupted by finneas who decided that he needed a shower.

so i left and decided that i could find somewhere to try and nap for a while until the bus arrived.

finally deciding that the couch would be the best place for me to rest as someone was bound to find me.

although it was only seconds before i was interrupted by someone trying to engage with me.

"what's wrong?" mom questioned.

i didn't reply, the tiredness taking over as i tried to fight it.

"nova?" she pushed.