Prologue {EDITING}

A Bite At The Cherry

What if I told you I am part of the Royals of Scotland, a princess? What if I say all my dreams came true before I spend three decades in this harsh world? Would you believe that?

Regardless, I am a princess, and I am proud of that. Who wouldn't be?

Before you hang me for being boastful, imagine this; a handful of people serving you each morning. I'm not talking just about serving food, but people doing anything you want, no questions asked. "Ma'am, what would you love for breakfast?" or, "Would you mind a massage, Princess Nyla?" I mean, how can I say no to such a lifestyle?

Each morning, someone would come asking what I wanted to eat or do for the day. Sometimes I would get crazy and wild in response. I have, no, my husband has the money to let me do anything I please. There is this day a lazy Saturday, and I remember telling Jerald (my maid) that I wanted a boar for breakfast. I mean who does that? But I did want a boar because it's something  I am able to do and without hesitation.

As far as I am concerned, I am living the dream and I am glad to be alive, living with him for that matter.

The love of my life, my prince, is the most handsome man I ever met. I have had fun with several guys before but honey, he is the best. Sometimes, while watching movies, and fairy tales, of course, all I see is my prince. He just fits all profiles; from Cinderella to Barbie, snow-white to anything you've seen, sweet, kind, and charming.

Ever since we met, he has treated me the way a woman needs to be treated; like a queen, and just like it should be, I love him so dearly. Trust me, nothing and no one can try to separate me from my man. HE IS MINE!

Anyway, it didn't start like this, before we established that we were meant to be together, there were a few bumps along the way, some bigger than the others but who cared?

What mattered to me, to us, was being in each other's arms each night, that feeling and assurance where you know that someone would be there for you no matter what happened outside.

We had our cocoon; a barrier, shielding us from those who wanted to separate us; enemies of happiness.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved him before I knew he was a prince. In fact, I was the one pushing him away at the beginning. He did chase me for a while but then again, what is meant to be, would always be no matter what.

That's what this story is all about; those small experiences that lead to another and before you know it, you are at the top of the world and don't want to come down.

Or would you give up a loving husband, a prince from a Royal Family in the UK, and a lavish lifestyle where you get what you need, the boar for instance, for degenerates? I hate to use that word but let's call it a spade for what it is. The other men before my smitten were nothing but heartbreakers and not worthy of my attention.

All of them. I mean why should you break the heart of someone who has vowed to stand by your side, why risk all that love for something dense and vexatious? I don't care about all of them right now, what concerns me is what designer dress I would wear, what brand I would spoil myself with, and taking care of this unborn child that I am having in my stomach.

No one knows this yet but then again, I would be a mother in nine months! I know Ryan would be overjoyed by this fact because he had been talking about us having a little human for months now. It wasn't my plan to have a baby this fast.

Who wants to take care of babies at the sight of paradise? I mean I just got married to this Porsche life and I am having a baby already!

Don't get me wrong though, I love babies and there is nothing I want more than having one with Ryan. I just want to get used to this life for a moment you know, live the life of vacations and holidays across the world. There's nothing bad in that, it's just that I want to cross everything on my bucket list before becoming a mom. We all have heard the stories of "routine living" once the babies arrive with the demands that come with it.

Personally, I still haven't gotten through the idea that a human would come out of me someday.

Ever since I knew women were cursed to bear children with pain, it hit differently. I couldn't imagine myself pushing through the excruciating pain before the head comes out. A whole head! How would it even come out?

Whenever I think about how Ryan forced his way the first time, I can swear I felt my walls stretching to the limit, and that is just a fraction of how a baby's head should feel. Such experiences make me wonder if having babies is something anyone should even plan for.

Let me not think about all that, I love being expectant for our first child, it's the giving birth that makes my skin crawl. I already have a name though, that I hope my love, Ryan would graciously accept. He always has this thing with him where he likes planning for everything even before it happens.

Ryan is the most careful person I know, taking chances has never been his thing. I am the risk taker in this marriage, and sometimes I feel like the opposite poles we are making us attracted to each other even more; the Ying and the Yang as they call it, magnets. Ryan once said I was giving him tension whenever we are together. Not in a bad way of course, but you know, that thrill, adrenaline rush that takes over and you just do things and think later.

What's the worst that could happen anyway, especially when death and disability are off the table?!

Believe me, with all my risk-taking behavior, I always draw the line whenever my demise or incapacity pops up. I still want to reach the highest altitude, climb Mt. Everest just so you know, and explore the ocean from the inside. I cannot do that when I am dead or disabled and that is has been my greatest fear.

Besides, I'm living my best life now, and I would wish to grow old with Ryan, and the two babies we plan on having throughout our lives. I also want to have a name for myself, not just the title of a princess. I went to school and did my bachelor's in Business Management.

That should account for something in life you know, my mother needs to see that her money is put into use, school fees, and I also want to be someone on my own. Something other than being a princess. My kids should be inspired by my hard work and life experiences. Anyway, life is for the living, and I AM ALIVE!