Rat

What was she going to do?

Nat is in Red Room custody. Her sestra is a brainless operative, which she'd become soon enough. Her friends, the Avengers, didn't know where to find her, assuming they didn't take the bait. Clint was probably out of his mind.

Clint. It was always the thought of him that made her go weak at the knees. Not that she was in love. Definitely not. He was married, and she swore never to fall in love. He was the closest friend she had, and she hated feeling like she's caused him pain. As for the 'never fall in love', that didn't exactly work. Hm. How annoying.

Natasha examined her cell, before exhaling and pressing her back up against the wall. These locks were designed by top KGB and HYDRA engineers, she couldn't break out without the tools needed, like a Bobby pin, or a needle, but neither of these were at hand, as she was rid of anything that could allow her to escape, hair accessories and sewing appliances included. She sunk to the ground and tried one of the tactics that almost always works, especially on the misogynistic place we call the Red Room, or at least the guards. She started crying.

As suspected, a guard came up to the door.

"Having a nice cry, are we now? Aw... tough Black Widow, curled up in a little ball, crying. This is a sight." He kicked the door. "Suck it up sweetie, you're stuck here." He turned away. Good. Now they think she's weakened. They think she's fragile, and going to break easily. They won't be prepared. Natasha smirked, but knew that she would have to continue crying. So she did.

An hour passed. The 'tears' had been wiped away ages ago. The guards had taunted her until she quit crying. Natasha had given a little sniffle every now and then, just to keep the guards unsuspecting. Her eyes were red, not because of the tears, but because of the wind she kept waving in her face, and the dust particles that had gotten into her eyes, making them red, and making it seem as if she was really balling her eyes out. She was in the perfect position for an unsuspecting attack. Natasha started to form a plan in her head, then scrapped it. She kept doing this for who knows how long, before giving herself a rest, and leaning up against the wall. Natasha sighed. Four words repeated in her head, over and over, making it seem like the walls were closing in. Rat, cage, locked, fail. Rat, cage, locked, fail. Over and over. Repeating and repeating. Natasha put her head in her knees, trying to stop the walls from closing in on her. But one word stood out. Rat. She was a rat. Dirty, lying, uncared for, using whatever means necessary for survival,  a bringer of pain, small, and always getting into places she shouldn't be. I'm the true definition of 'rat' Natasha thought. Getting into places she shouldn't... THAT'S IT! She always had a way of slipping away, unnoticed, to get into places. How about, to get out of a place? This place? It could be possible, if she could figure out how. That would be the difficult part. Figuring out how to escape. This is one of the most heavily guarded places in the world, and everyone is under strict supervision. She'd need to be agile, quick and clever to get out.

She could do it.

Just don't get caught. If you are, you'll be brainwashed, and turned into a ruthless killing machine, probably forced to do something she didn't want to.

She could do it, right?