Fingers Crossed

Bucky felt terrible. He just hit Natasha unconscious. But she couldn't come. Not back to HYDRA. Not back to him. Tony noticed a change in Bucky's behaviour. 

"Bucky, we can't let her. We can't let her come. You know that."

"You know that you did the right thing." Steve added. Wanda, trying to lighten up the mood, turned to Steve and said

"Are you scared of Natasha?" She asked. Steve turned red.

"Nope." Sam laughed.

"We all heard you Steve! We heard you say 'please don't kill me' to Natasha after you told her she couldn't come! You are scared!" Bucky tuned them all out. He hurt Natasha. She was in a cell because of him. She was unconscious because of him. The guilt was overwhelming. He stood up.

"Can I at least give her a bottle of vodka?" He asked. Tony looked at him.

"She's already had 2 today! She'll be drunk!" He cried. Bucky smiled.

"Tony. I've seen her drink 11 800ml bottles of that poison before finally getting drunk."

"HOW???" Tony yelled after him as Bucky went into the kitchen to get some vodka. He walked downstairs into the cells. He walked over to Cell 7. Nat was already awake.

"I brought you vodka."

"You knocked me unconscious."

"I had to."

"No you didn't." Natasha said. Bucky sighed.

"I'm sorry Nat. But we can't lose you. I can't lose you." He said. Natasha smiled sadly. 

"I know. But I'd rather be lost then anybody else. I can't lose anyone else. I've lost enough in my lifetime." Bucky leant in. 

"Natasha, there's something I've wanted to tell you for a long time..." He was cut off by Natasha kissing him quickly though the bars.

"If it's that you love me, I know." Bucky smiled, got up and looked down at her.

"I do love you, but I can't lose you. But we'll be back with Clint in no time, so please, please, don't put me through the pain of losing you." He said. Natasha sighed.

"Fine." Bucky smiled at her, said one last 'I love you' and walked off. Natasha grinned. She had her fingers crossed.