15. Struggling

Bruce: Are they alright?

Tony: You are supposed to tell us that.

Bruce: Alright, give me time then.

Everyone leaves the room for Bruce to do his job.

Nat: Do you think she's going to be ok?

Wanda: I honestly have no idea. Like she says, she doesn't specialise in ice. She hardly uses that part of her power. How was Cap?

Tony: He seemed fine to me. He is breathing.

Clint: We can only hope for the best.

Nat: I mean, she just got hurt not too long ago. I don't know if her body can take it.

Wanda: She should be fine.. She's stronger than you think.

---

Bruce comes out and answers the questions.

Bruce: Steve should be fine, he should wake up after a while. There's not much damage done to him. Y/N on the other hand, her vitals are fine but she is very cold. I think her body is in a conserving state that's why she's not waking up. Unless we find a way to let the body know she's safe and her body warms up, she won't be waking up soon.

Nat just stands there looking at you through the window.

In a few hours, Steve was able to walk around and Nat is still constantly around waiting for you.

Wanda: You know, I have an idea. I can plant the idea in her that she is safe, but I don't know how the body will react. I can give it a shot.

Nat: It's the only choice we have. Otherwise I don't know when she is going to wake up.

Wanda: I am going to head in then.

Wanda uses her power on you but there was no visible change. 

Wanda: We are going to have to wait.

---

The next day, Nat comes down to see you again.

Steve: She's not awake yet?

Nat: No...

Steve: I'm positive she'll be awake. There's been a lot going for her.

Later in the afternoon, Nat walks into your room and places your soft toy next to you. 

Wanda: You place it there?

Nat: Yeah, it brings her comfort so I thought I'll put it there for her.

Wanda: Well, I am sure it's working.

Wanda points to the monitor that tracks your body temperature.

Wanda: It's rising and it's thanks to you.

Nat: *tears* I can't wait for her to wake up.

Wanda: Me too.

Nat continues looking at you through the window from the outside and falls asleep on the chair.

---

The next afternoon, she finds you not on your bed and your soft toy is also gone.

Nat: Where is Y/N? 

Tony: I think I saw her eating in the kitchen.

Nat was already running off before Tony could finish his sentence.

Tony: That's not nice.

You: Oh hey-

Before you could finish your sentence Nat gives you a tight hug.

You: Ugh.. woah, ok I know... I know, I am alive. Don't worry.

Nat: Why didn't you wake me up?

You: Tony was coming to check in on me when he saw me sitting up. He cleared me to leave and I didn't want to wake you up because I know you haven't gotten much sleep and it's in the afternoon.

Nat: Did you tell your sister yet?

You: No...

Nat: Why?

You: I haven't seen her around.

Nat: Why don't you be a good sister and bring this coffee to her.