he was my first kiss, which I'll never regret even in my next life.

(Picture from Pinterest)

That afternoon, it suddenly rained. We walked side by side in the park near my place. He pulled me closer and ran with him to the bus stop a few feet in front of us. No one was there, it was only both of us. He let go of my hand which he was holding when we ran here, he unzipped his jersey jacket and put it on me, its waterproof. I scrunched my nose to prevent my glasses from falling as my face was wet by the rain. My eyes were a bit blurry from my foggy glasses but I could hear his giggles. He takes off my glasses then wipes them against the jersey jacket he put on me. Then he put my glasses on back. I could see him clearly now, and perhaps too closely, too. There was silence for seconds. I could feel his breath on my face. He cupped my cheek and rubbed it with his thumb. His touch was warm against my cold face. He smiles so wide which I found myself smile as wide as him too. His thumb move down to my lips as his eyes staring on my lips then up to my eyes.

"Can I-?" He hasn't finished his words yet.

The next few seconds went fast but on the other hand it was also slow, my lips were on him,  I kissed him and he kissed me back. His kiss was so soft. I closed my eyes and held his arm. He pressed his forehead to mine, his hand still pressed on my cheek, and I feel like I was barely breathing. My heart, my stomach, my body felt warm by his touch. I know this theory about how a touch could give you warmth but I never knew how it felt until today when he pulled me closer, when he touch me, and when my lips on were on him. And I find myself getting lost by his touch.

It was still raining and I wondered how he could beat the cold rain with just his smile, and a bit of his touch. I thought he was indeed a reliable volleyball captain who is a good leader and player but he was also good at giving me comfort and closure which I never expected for, I never knew I could feel this kind of warmth in my life before.

Dear god, even in my next life, i still want him to be my first kiss. He doesn't have to be my first love, i wanted him to be my last.