The first truth or honest

Picture from Pinterest.

Sometimes there was this very rare moment when I wonder about a girl in my mind.

What my favorite type of girls? What things that I like from them? When did I feel they were at the cutest?

The honest answer is I Don't Know.

Because I have no one came up in my mind when I wonder about those things. Not until her, she keeps coming and coming randomly into my mind since that day I saw her sitting under the pier with her eyes fixed on the book resting on her thigh. I was playing volleyball with my friends like I always do that day in the weekend. We were playing not so far from the pier when the ball went passed by her. One of my friend and I ran to catch the ball. And I stopped a few steps away from her because my friend already run passed by her first and pick up the ball. When my friend ran back toward passed me, I took a last glance to looked at her before I turned to my friends. She was still reading with her thumbs on her lips. I've been living here in this small town my whole life since I was born and I remember I don't recognize her from my entire neighborhood. That day was the first time when I saw her, blueming blue eyes, black hair in two side braids, too pale skin; she has a lot of freckles around her palm, and a bit on her face too.

That's why I found myself so happy when her uncle offered me a drive home so that I could see her a little bit longer and find out anything about her to kills the curiosity inside me that have been growled up since the day I saw her under the pier. And even more so when I made a deal with her uncle about teaching her how to ride a bus. I found it so weird when I was so excited about it, because it's not something like I teach someone how to study math or volleyball. But I am glad I took the deal, our first time riding a bus together was actually fun. We shared our thoughts about this podcast she listened to, about a girl who shares the same name with a guy. I found out that she likes to scrunches her nose and hold the ends of her braid hair when she was thinking about something. When she was busy concentrating she'll put her thumbs onto her lips or bite them. When she feels nervous she'll push her thumbs into her index finger or she bites her lips. I thought the deal that I made with Ryu, my curiosity will be paid off but it's the otherwise.

"Hey" we were at the market across the bus stop. It's Friday which means top up day. I made a promise that I'll teach her how to top up last Monday. We've done top up our bus cards by a machine.

"Hm?" she's still focused on putting her bus card in her bag.

"Here" I gave her a light blue necklace key chain like the color of her eyes. Her eyes get bigger. "It's easier, so you don't have to put it and take it out from your bag".

"Thank you" She smiles. "I asked for helps. I should be the one who get you something, not you"

I helped her to put the card into the plastic tag and fit it in the keychain, "That's okay" I replies. Suddenly I've got an idea to spend a bit time after school with her, "Or you could treat me an ice cream". I narrowed my eyes because I was so nervous she'll turn down my offer.

She walked out the market first and holds the door, "Where's the ice cream place we will going to?"

I snorted a laugh, a relieve one. I took a step outside and patted her on the head without realizing it. She stood still with her cheeks gone burn red. I like it when she shy likes that, I found it really cute and it melts me too.

***

"What is it?" She keeps staring at me while eating her ice cream. She ordered two chocolate ice cream mixed with nuts and chacha.

"I just-" She puts her spoon to the cup, "How can you eat matcha? I have tried and it felt like eating medicine"

I chuckled, "You should try this one" I pushed forward my cup to her. She shakes her head.