CHAPTER 7

ADHWETA SINGH'S POV: 

The voice held an air of authority commanding immediate attention and acquiescence with a tinge of self assurance of a man knowing his own mettle, but at the same time it held a calmness which right now seemed to be quelling my anger alongwith fuelling my annoyance.

Being affected by anyone scared me because it means that they could somehow in some sense matter to me. Any new person entering my life means another potential someone who can either hurt me or get hurt. It's better to keep everyone out and away. I don't do people, period. I know it's wrong and unhealthy but in that way I know that I won't hurt them and they won't hurt me.

Taking a step back I looked up, not knowing that it'll be the first hit on my high built walls. "Brahmaji ke collection ka highly prized namuna  hoga ye!" my usually dormant conscience erupted.

I had to agree. He was tall enough to make you lament the decision of not drinking enough horlicks while growing up.  Hell he made me wish I had eaten a spoon of horlicks with every glass of water I had drank in my life uptill now. His hair was a cropped mess of unruly hair with a few curls falling on his broad forehead. His eyebrows were prominent but not vulgarly thick . From my angle of sight, his eyes seemed to be hooded not giving me a chance to decide whether his eyes were a deep shade of brown or midnight black. Blessed with a generous mouth with a hint of high set cheek bones and a clean jawline,his face looked strong and rugged while still retaining a strange sensuality. His strong neck disappeared into his crisp white shirt neatly tucked into his grey pants alonwith a matching grey suit jacket on top. The first two buttons were open giving a peak at his bronze colored chest. His suit highlighted the broadness of his shoulders but even under all these clothes one could tell that he was packed with muscles.

If I donate his body to a medical school for studying purpose the students would surely be happy and very attentive in classes!

Further taking two steps back I finally looked into his eyes which were a pair of deep brown. At first sight his eyes would appear to be void of any emotions but the intensity with which he was staring conveyed his intentions.
He was trying to intimidate me, trying to detect any lie or deceit in my character or intentions.

And strangely it impressed me and made me curious about him. What he was trying to do is one of my favorite tricks which often comes handy while dealing with clients . Generally,  there are three stages which people go through when they meet me. First, they'll get charmed with my practiced 'toothpaste-ad' smile and try to make advances and when they fail they try to draw out either monetary favors or make use of my connections. After which I throw out all the smiles and the shining polish on my rough edges and they get to see my awesome poker expression and cold eyes which screams 'Try me and I'll suck the truth and blood right out of you!' And finally,they grow wary of me as they come to realize that they can't control me and I an the one who is calling the shots. But this dude right here is trying to get a read on me.
" Well you did not exactly start with the charming smile and directly came to the cold eyes and scowl."
"Maybe..."

Breaking my reverie, he took a step forward and bent down a little and came near my ear, " I would definitely like to meet you."

Squaring my shoulders I also took a step forward , " That seems like your problem and one which I don't plan on helping you to resolve."

Adjusting the dial of my watch I raised my hand infront of his face such that my watch was directly in his eyesight, 
"Would you look at the time? I think I should get moving." Looking back at Mira I gestured her to follow me and took a step forward.

"Wait miss."

Turning around I looked at the mind boggling Armani baby. He waved his two fingers downwards as if commanding a dog to sit and leisurely made his way to one of the chairs.
The nerve of this pompous giraffe! He is acting like I an his pet dog on a goddamn  leash .

Seating himself on a chair he leaned forward and rested his elbows on his thighs. Fisting my hands,I tried to reign in my anger as he continued to drill holes in me with his stares .
"In how much can I buy your time?" He asked with a condescending smile.

The game is afoot!

Folding my hands across my chest I gave him a saccharine smile, " I am highly moved by your offer but  I am feeling quite generous today. You won't have to pay for my time instead I'm giving you this card. You can call on this number given here and book an appointment with me. I promise I won't charge you a penny."

"Guys calm down, can we please sit and talk politely?  Adhweta can you please listen to us and Dev you can you stop with your ' I am the real deal when it comes to being a jerk ' attitude."
Vikram tried his best to pacify us but even after speaking so many words he was ignored the same way we Indians ignore knives and forks while eating.

"What is your ulterior motive behind this presentation. " The menace in his voice might have scared me but I am me. So I returned the love.

" Well obviously,  to run both of your companies to the ground."

Gritting his teeth he turned towards Vikram. "Keep your employees in check."
Raising his eyebrows Vikram gave him a mock smile." So now you see me and she is not my employee but more of my sister and attorney."

The easy on the eyes fancy-pants stared at me for a few seconds and then nodded his head. "Oh, then thank you I guess." Shrugging his shoulders he waved a nonchalant hand.

If I kill him the world will have one less idiot and if I balm and wrap his body like a mummy then I might even receive the noble prize for preserving beauty!

Pushing my genius plans to the back of my brain I simply smiled at him.
"I think that you need a larger dose of pain killer because the pain of carrying such a big-head is starting to show."

"Ma'am I am sorry but you can't talk to him like that." A middle-aged man squeaked behind Vikram's back.

Pinning him with my eyes I tilted my head. "And may I know why?"
Adjusting his classes he tried to make an eye contact but failed miserably.
"He is the ceo of DSR and also the crown prince of Jaipur Yuvraaj Deven Singh Rajput , there is a decorum to be maintained while talking to him."

"Pardon me, Your Assholiness...I mean Your Highness. I must take thou leave now." I mocked curtsied and stood straight.

"No you can't leave." The royal jerk ordered. But before I could reply a loud thud caught our attention as Vikram dropped a file and shouted, " What the hell?" while staring at his phone.

(Brahmaji ke collection ka highly prized namuna hoga ye- he must be the most beautiful and highly prized specimen of a human ever created by lord Brahma)

HELLO MY DEAR READERS, I hope you all are happy and healthy.

Phew, how was the fire exchange between Deven and Adhweta.

So what are your thoughts about Deven?
How many of you love eating your food using your fingers?

I hope you guys are enjoying and liking my writing. Do vote and comment.  Stay safe , stay healthy.