CHAPTER 19

ADHWETA SINGH'S POV:

The ringing in my head which seemed to reaching to a crescendo to the point of pain and the gradually increasing heat travelling through my body was making me feel as if I was being grinded and churned back into the dust from which every darling as well non darling creature of the lord comes.

Damn! Does one have to bear pain for everything in life including dying....so much for a afterlife membership with the god or the devil. Even if I will have to leave this planet the only thing which I can be sorry about are those premium chocolates which I had been eating sparingly. For what? just so I could lose them to death? Do they offer somras in chocolatey version these days? But what about my other food? My samosa, kachori, jalebi and my favourite ladoo .........well the only way I can have my ladoo is if I hide it from my butthead boss. My boss......? Is he also trying to subscribe to the afterlife.

This thought somehow increased the tension and uneasiness in my body to the point of making me nauseous. The urge to barf jerked my body back to consciousness. Craning my neck outside the window, I vomited. leaning my head back I rested my head against the head rest. When I finally gained some semblance of control over my body I became aware of the weight on my thighs. Looking down, I found a bloody hand tracing it back to its owner I found an unconscious Deven with his head rolled over the other side of his head rest. There were a few cuts on his forehead and neck with glass pieces lying over his body.

The shock seemed to bind me in my place not allowing me to move as my eyes remained trained on him. When the initial shock subsided the panic finally set in. Taking a hold of his hand I supported his head and carefully placed it on the head rest. Placing my hand on his face and head I started tapping his cheeks and caressing his head.

"Hey...hey...Deven...get up...come on get up."

Taking his wrist in my hand I tried to catch hold of his pulse and released a sigh of relief when I finally found it. Leaning over him I adjusted his seat in a lying position and carefully removed the glass pieces lying all over him. Looking around I found a bottle of water lying down. Picking it up I poured some water in my hand and sprinkled it across his face. After doing it for the third time I finally saw him coming around.

Rolling his head he twitched his eyes and opened his mouth to draw in a long breath.

"Deven can you h-hear me? Y-you right?"

"mmhmm."

After opening his eyes for a second he closed them and again leaned against the car seat.

Grabbing a hold of my purse I fished out my phone and tried to contact Shlok but due the weak network the call was not getting connected.

"Deven where is your phone?"

Shifting around he tried to focus on my words.

Grabbing a hold of his arms I whispered in a very soft voice,

"Deven , can you please tell me where is your phone."

Opening his eyes, he took in my face for a few seconds and then said in a very low voice, "p-p..ocke..t"

" Can I please take it out?"

Turning his head towards me he simply nodded and patted his right pocket . Placing my hand on my seat for support I again leaned over him to take out his phone. The added pressure on my already injured wrist send a shock of pain when I twisted it a little causing me to loose balance and fall on Deven with my head hitting his broad chest. The heat and manliness radiating from him made me a little flustered making me jerk my head back and hit it on the steering wheel.