CHAPTER 22

ADHWETA SINGH'S POV:

"Don't you understand the difference between normal water and sparkling water? Call your manager right now. I mean look at the audacity ....do you even know who I am?"

All men have their brains barbecued in the pits of hell followed by a strong seasoning of ego, stupidity, arrogance and chauvinism followed by a topping of narcissism. I used to think that it's only my way of thinking but as of lately I have come to an understanding that it is rather a fact.

Swirling the glass of red wine in my hand, I took a sip and enjoyed the drama being orchestrated by my so-called date. The only reason for me being present here and wasting my time is that the hyper monkey sitting in front of me is an important witness for an ongoing case.

Oh, another reason being that you are trying to connect to the world which exists beyond a certain someone but that's just a minor detail!

".......and who even appointed you as our server. What is the use of me paying so much money when the services over here do not match my standard. I mean look at the way you are even wearing your uniform with zero sincerity and this is the reason why you people remain what you are just another nobody."

Nobody, this bloody word. It has become the bane of my life. Why the hell, the people who keep on distributing the certificates of 'You are a Nobody' think that they are important enough for others to consider their opinion. I hate such people. If someone is taking your tantrums calmly does not mean you can dish them out whatever you want. And tantrums cute on babies only.

but he did look cute while sleeping on his stomach with that little bit of drool near his mouth.

Yeah....yeah whatever.

But if he thinks that I don't have a value in his life then his value in my life is also not more than a used pen.

Aapne aap ko salim aur humko anarkali samajh rakha hai jab mann aaye dance karao jab mann aaye chunwa do...hmm!
(He thinks that he is the prince and I am his courtesan with whom he can do whatever he wants. )

Gulping down the remaining wine, I focussed on the babbling fool in front of me

".......do you know that value of my watch it is a limited edition rolex and my time is costlier than that so stop wasting it and call your manager."

Clasping my hands together, I sat a bit upright and fixed a smile at the screeching monkey.

" Mr. White I know that you have been wronged in the worst manner possible, but sir just as you pointed out your time is getting wasted and if he calls the manager then more of your time will get wasted. And you are such a charasmatic man,

It breaks my heart when you have to shout like that. Let's just leave him with a warning as it is only dessert is left . And ...see it has arrived."

"You are right darling . I am sorry for loosing my cool in front of such a gentle lady as yourself. But you must know that a man of consequence such as myself is bound to loose his cool at such stupidity. This time i am leaving you with a warning. Now go."

Phew!

Kaise kaise log hai bhai, par kya kahe allah meherban to gadha pehelwan!
( what kind of a man is he?...the other part is an idiom which roughly translates to every dog has it's day. )

Nodding at the waiter who seemed to have resumed breathing, i let out a sigh and grabbed my clutch only to feel it vibrating. Taking out my cellphone I checked the caller id.

"Mr. White do you mind if i take this call ? It seems to be important."

Passing him an apolegetic smile I excused myself and went to the washroom. While walking, I felt as if I am treading on thin air and my brain felt woozy. I guess that's what happens when you use six glasses of wine as a mechanism to cope up with your exhaustive dates.

"Yes Mira, what happened ? I hope it's something very important."

"Ahhh...ummm...ma--'am.."

"Mira."

"Ma'am.. Mr.Rajput called... and he's asking me about your location."

"Tell him that I am in hell."

"Ma'am...he sounded a little bit more dangerous than normal and if I will tell him this, then he may get more angry."

If he is getting angry then let him get angry. I will send him a basketful of chilies so that he can get angry properly.

Chod chad ke apne salim ki gali anarkali disco chali!

"Fine then tell him Mira that I am out on a date. And now that I have answered your question I have to go back to my boo. And just for the record I am more dangerous than him."

Doing the drunk walk, I sashayed back to the table only to find the annoying prick still sitting there and devouring his dessert.

Looking up he gave me a smirk and said, "I know darling that this must have been a memorable experience for you but unfortunately I will have to go. I'll see you at the court ,day after tommorow."

I wish he chokes on his food !

And voila! He actually started chocking.

Kya baat hai bhagwaan ji aaj meri badi sun rahe ho!
(Today you are answering my prayers too soon dear God.)

Passing him the glass of water I covered my mouth to swallow in the bubbling laughter.

And after coughing and huffing like an old scooter, he stood up, shook my hand and saw his pompus self out.

Opening the door of my apartment, I dropped my heels near the shoe rack , hung my coat and keys and face planted myself on my couch.

Hmm...this feels so nice, no people, no talking, no tension. I wish people had never constructed the half baked concept of language because even till this day, when we are living in the age of google people tend to use their words more on the basis of their feelings, rather than meaning. And they fail to realise the impact of such misconstructed, misused words or sentences on the other person. There is a reason why people say 'pen is mightier than a sword.'

"Nobody....I am a nobody to him."

And in the quiet of my apartment I let my tears roll through the sides of my eyes on to the couch. That day he said those words so..easily. But it's not exactly the first time when people have been able to hurt me with their words.

I was being stupid and reckless with him....listening to my heart instead of thinking with my brain. It is my fault that I went too close to him, breaking my own rules 'don't get close, so you don't lose.'

My pensive thoughts were brought to an abrupt end by the ringing of the door bell. Groaning and wriggling a little on the couch I got up, ready to give a piece of my mind to whosoever had come to disturb my peace of mind.

Opening the door with a jerk, I came across a face which had become as familiar with my nights as with my days.

"Deven.."

Hey guys, I hope you all are doing well. So how's life going? I hope you all are having a great time.

I have a small request all my dear readers silent and active, both it would be really helpful if you guys keep an eye on any person who is trying to copy my work. Recently I have come across many authors whose work have been plagiarized. If you come across any such happenings please let me know.

Now this turn's question

How many have have a real life crush, boyfriend or fiancee or husband?

Now so that people like me don't feel left out: name your crushes from movies, books, singers....I hope you guys get the drill

And another one since I am feeling quite curious today

How many of you live away from your parents?

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

May you guys be blessed with health, happiness and success.
Untill next time.