More Than Romance

.   .   . because there's too much romance on Wattpad, and we need more than that!

Welcome to our effort in gathering the non-romance and minimal romance Islamic Fiction of Wattpad.

Due to the sheer number of stories in the romance genre and their popularity — stories in other genres or stories that don't have romance as their sole focus are pushed down and go unnoticed. We want to dig them back out and let them shine.

For our readers out there, who are tired and overfed with romance on Wattpad, time to gather and push up other genres. Let's allow and give the spotlight to that 1% of stories which explore themes other than marital and romantic relationships.

We're looking for:

☞ Friendship
☞ Brotherhood/Sisterhood
☞ Familial relationship
☞ Workplace drama
☞ Non-romance slice of life
☞ Coming of age
☞ Action
☞ Adventure
☞ Mystery/Thriller
☞ Crime
☞ Tragedy
☞ Parody
☞ Paranormal/Horror
☞ Non-romance focused Historical
☞ Teen-fiction that deal with other problems instead of just boys and crushes
☞ Revert stories
☞ Social issues
☞ Mental health
☞ Corporate drama
☞ Time-travel
☞ Science Fiction
☞ Interstellar
☞ Plausible fantasy

... see how much stuff is possible even without romance?

We want to see the male lead get saved by another guy and a wholesome friendship following it.

We want to see girls standing up for each other without needing a man being their knights in shining armour.

We want to see a female CEO who kills the business circle and eats them up.

We want thrilling, heart-racing action and adventure.

We want to read goosebump-inducing crime-fiction.

Do you write non-romance focused books? Hit us up.

. . .

Okay, so non-romance books are fairly easy to discern. But what about minimal romance or not romance centred? How do you decide that?

We've got a little measuring tape for you.

If the book has equal or less than Harry Potter level of romance - this is minimal romance. Obviously, Harry Potter has virtually none except in the background, and that's what we want.

Hunger Games level of romance is acceptable, that's around 30% - only because it's a plot-centric story, and the romance adds to the story.

⚔ If you don't know of the above two series - here's another measurement.

When you think of the story, do you recall it by a romantic relationship? Say, Journey to Hidaya — oh it's Zoya and Haroun's story (sorry, Kainat 🥴) Then that's not minimal romance.

If you remember the story because of the plot, or other relationships and bonds such as familial, sibling, etc. — that is a minimal romance or non-romance focused book.

. . .

Now you can just start dropping all the non-romance Islamic Fiction here 👇 You can mention your own story or someone else's.

Believe me, I will be reading each one of them (unless they're in the first person POV or have atrocious grammar 🥴) so don't think you can get away with slipping in some romance. 😛