He's in the castle

As the group walked up the moving staircase, they described to harry and y/n what hogsmeade was like, "Honeydukes sweet shop is brilliant!" Ron exclaimed, "Yeah he eyes at least every sweet about-" Sadie started counting with her fingers "-more ti...

As the group walked up the moving staircase, they described to harry and y/n what hogsmeade was like, "Honeydukes sweet shop is brilliant!" Ron exclaimed, "Yeah he eyes at least every sweet about-" Sadie started counting with her fingers "-more times than I can count with my hands" he scoffed at her, "But nothing could beat zonkos joke shop!" Corey reasoned and Cameron hummed in agreement, "True, I swear if their was a shop that was made for Fred and george, it'd be that one" he added and they all agreed, "We never did get a chance to go to The shrieking shrack, though" Jenna spoke, "You hear that it's the most-" "the most haunted building in Britain, yeah I know" harry finished.

"What's going on?" Y/n asked curiously as she saw a huddle of people around the gryffindors fat lady painting, "Nevilles probably forgot the password again" Ron mentioned, "Hey!" Neville spoke up from next to him, y/n, Sadie, and Jenna all snickered from infront of them, "Sorry mate, never saw you there" he apolgized. "Excuse me! Head boy here let me through!" Percy weasley spoke in a sufficient matter, "God Ron, your brother is quite stuck up" Cameron mentioned and Ron just nodded in agreement, "No one has to enter this dormitory until it has been fully searched!" He shouted, the group pushed their way up past everyone and took a look as the painting, y/n heard hermione gasp from next to her, she looked up and saw huge scratch marks across the painting, and the fat lady wasn't there.

"Serves her right she was a terrible singer!" Said Ron, "It's not funny Ronald" Hermione scolded the boy, y/n looked around and saw all the paintings look a bit distraught, she hoped and prayed it wasn't what she thought it could've been, she hung onto that bit of hope dearly. "Ravenclaws! Hufflepuffs back to your common rooms now!" Percy soared, "Sorry guys" they said, "It's fine, we will fill you guys in later okay? Just be safe" y/n said to all them, they nodded and smiled and then they headed back to their own common rooms, leaving harry, y/n, hermione and ron. "Make way! The headmaster is here!" Filch the caretaker shouted, everyone, including the quartet moved out of the way do dumbledore could get through.

He looked stunned at what he saw infront of him, he grazed his hands across the scratch marks. "Mr filch, round up the ghosts, tell them to search every painting in the castle to find the fat lady" Professor dumbledore told the caretaker, "There's no need for ghosts, Professor" filch spoke, he raised his finger and pointed towards a painting, "the fat lady is there" he finished, everyone looked up to the painting and quickly rushed their way towards it, y/n decided to trail behind a bit before pushing infront and stood next to dumbledore.

"Dear lady, who did this to you?" He asked the fat lady, "Eyes like the devil he's got! And a soul as dark as his name, it's him headmaster! The one they all talk about, He's here! Somewhere in the castle, Sirius black!" She sobbed, everyone gasped, y/n felt her skin crawl and the blood drained out of her face, her breathing started to get a bit ragged and she started to get hot and bothered, hermione noticed the girls state and intertwined their hands together and stroked her thumb across the girls hand before she lifted it upwards to her lips and places a small kiss on the back of her hand to calm her down, and it did, more than she knew, y/n felt warm, but not in a bad way, her heart fluttered at the girls action and she could hold back her smile, she muttered a 'thank you' to the girl before they made their way down the staircase and they both kept their fingers interlocked.

"Secure the castle mr filch, the rest of you, to the great hall" Dumbledore said sternly, they all started to rush to the great hall and y/n grabbed Harry's hand and kept him close, I mean after all, they were both being hunted by him and finding out he was in the castle, made them both as worried as ever.

As the children stood in the castle, they were handed sleeping bags and were told to split up into groups, y/n, harry, hermione and Ron got to group together and they all took a spot on the ground and tried to get as comfy as they could. As a few hours went past y/n couldn't sleep even if she tried, she noticed harry was the same state. "I've searched the astronomy tower and the owlery sir but there's nothing there" filch told dumbledore, "ah thank you argus" he thanked, " the third floor is clear too, sir" Professor flitwick spoke, "and I've done the dungeons, headmaster, no sign of black, nor anywhere else in the castle" Snape answered, " I didn't really expect him to linger" admitted dumbledore, "Remarkable feat, don't you think? To enter the hogwarts castle on ones own, completely undetected?" Snape questioned, "quite remarkable, yes" "Any theories on how he might've managed it?" Snape asked, "Many, each as unlikely as the next" dumbledore answered as he looked at the lying students. "You may recall prior to the start of term, I did express concerns about your appointment of Professor lupin-" Snape was cut off, "Not a single professor inside this castle, would help sirius black enter it" dumbledore spoke, him, and Professor snape stopped right infront of y/n and Harry's sleeping bag, guessing they were both asleep, but to their dismay, they were not.

"What about potter and black? Should they be warned?" Snape questioned, "Perhaps, but for now, let them sleep, for in dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own. Let them swim in the deepest ocean, or glide over the highest cloud" he spoke quietly, as him and Snape started to walk away, y/n guessed that harry had fallen asleep as his breathing was slow and he didn't move as much, she stared up to the ceiling, hoping this was all just a nightmare, she heard shuffling to her left and looked and saw hermione facing her, as y/n sighed, she turned on her side and faced hermione.

"Cant sleep?" Y/n asked and the other girl shook her head, "I'm worried for you" hermione admitted, y/n moved her sleeping bag closer, it made a hell of a lot of noise and y/n scrunched up her face, "I was hoping that wouldn't make as much noise as it just did", hermione giggled and then sighed, "you've got me you know that? Y/n, even if the whole world turns their back against you, I'll always be there with my arms open for you" hermione didn't actually mean for the words to slip out of her mouth, she cursed herself in her mind but after seeing y/n's reaction, she was grateful, y/n stared into those brown orbs she loved so greatly, she tucked a piece of hair behind the bushy haired girls ear, "Thank you, hermione, I appreciate you a lot if only you knew how much" y/n moved her hand too cup the girls cheek, hermione moved closer, and closer, just an inch now.

She kissed the girls cheek, leaving a longing kiss on it, "Goodnight y/n" she spoke softly before laying back down, "Goodnight, pretty girl". Hermione jean granger fell asleep with crimson cheeks and her heart fluttering, and Y/n Capella black fell asleep knowing she had someone who would keep her safe as her life depended on, therefor, the two girls fell asleep, happy.