prologue

There are two types of boyfriends you don't want to mess with; the Kang Taehyun type, and the Choi Beomgyu type.

The couple is well-known throughout university— individually and as a pair. One couldn't pass by the halls without hearing their names mentioned at least once, uttered with pure admiration or crippling envy.

For starters, Beomgyu is popular inside and outside of campus. A famous clothes brand model that has billboards of him every other street, agencies and scouts fighting over who gets to have him model their collections. The number of suitors lining up before his feet, projects demanding his participation, admirers following him in the streets.

It's for this reason that he became the face of the university he's attending; most students choosing the school because they either want to be his friend, or they want to see his face.

One can say hi to him, no problem. Beomgyu is approachable and fun to be with (at most times). He's nice and funny, and a real charmer too. The main issue here is his boyfriend, Kang Taehyun.

While many might know this, Taehyun and Beomgyu had been dating for quite awhile now. The skater being the lucky one to grab the model's most-sought attention. It wasn't a secret to everyone; the couple made sure to be loud about their blooming relationship, and Beomgyu bragged it a lot. It wasn't a secret too that they are possessive of each other; there's always this barrier around them that's like marked territory — try to cross it, and you'll be dragged to hell.

Because for one, despite the couple's rules proclaimed and established like laws of the school, there would always, always, be someone brave enough to break them. Or at most, attempt to. Students had listed them as The Five Rules to a Peaceful College Life.

Break those rules and Taehyun will break your bones. Break those rules and Beomgyu will break your dignity. Break those rules and the couple will break you.