rule one

Rule number 1. Never flirt with Choi Beomgyu.

No matter how tempting it is.

"Oh these are lovely, thank you!"

Beomgyu smiles at the small bouquet of flowers in his hands, courtesy from another one of his suitors who (questionably) managed to get inside the studio of one of his photoshoots. Sometimes, his boyfriend provides the better security than his guards. He didn't voice it out though, offering a polite smile instead. He still doesn't understand the onslaught of gifts despite his publicized relationship, but who was he to decline free stuff and effortful presents? 

"Anything for you, honey." He said, trying too hard to sound husky. Gingerly tucking a strand of hair behind Beomgyu's ear. "Pretty flowers for a pretty boy."

I don't really like roses, he wanted to say. But instead, "You think I'm pretty?" Fluttering his eyelashes as he taps his slightly long fingernails on his cheeks. Beomgyu is wearing this gradient green-gold turtleneck under a light blue denim jacket, the same blue shade on his pants and a pair of crocs on his feet. The long fringes of his hair are lightly curled and his face is perfect enough for just the lightest touch of make-up. He's absolutely stunning and it shows on the male's awed face.

"The prettiest." His suitor said, enamored. "Are you free tonight—"

"Hey, beautiful." Another voice said, sauntering inside Beomgyu's dressing room as if he owns the place, a black skateboard on one hand and a large bouquet of sunflowers on the other. He handed them to Beomgyu, who accepted it with a smile wide enough to brighten the room, burying his face in its petals to catch the fresh, flowery scent mixed with Taehyun's musky cologne. The bouquet of roses forgotten on his lap. "Another delivery guy?" He asked after pecking the model's forehead, raising a brow to the stranger in the room.

"'Delivery guy'?" The man gritted, "I'm a model for—"

"Never heard of it." Taehyun cut him off. "Anyway, if you're finished with your business with my boyfriend, then get the hell out."

The model pursed his lips and sends a warning finger to the suitor, taunting, "Until he's asking nicely, then I advise you to follow."

"Is this your bodyguard?" He questioned instead, not listening. "What are you going to do little guy, smash me with your fingerboard? Call your mommy because your toy got snatched—"

A handful of red flowers flew to his face with a force that sent him toppling to the floor in loud thuds. When the man looked up, nursing his gashed cheek, he was met with a dark face that'll surely haunt him in his sleep. Kang Taehyun looked down at him as if he was an insect ready to be crushed under his boot, both hands tucked in the front pockets of his jeans.

"Should've taken your idol's warning, idiot. Beomgyu is not a toy. And if I see your sneaky ass in here again, I'll make sure to give you more than just a cut." He gritted, kicking the man's side to urge him to move.

His eyes drifted to Beomgyu, who was sitting prim on his chair watching them amused. He felt betrayed; his own gift smacked on his face. Then onto Taehyun again, who seemed to be even more irritated the longer he gaped. A shiver ran down his spine in fear.

"Are you getting out of my sight or do I have to shove these flowers down your throat?" Taehyun snapped and finally, the man scrambled to get to the exit. All bark and no bite, what a wimp. Looking down at his boyfriend, still hugging the sunflowers to his chest, Taehyun breaks out into a smile, his mood quickly changing at the sight of his happiness. "Sorry you had to see that, pretty."

"Uh-uh." Beomgyu chimes, shaking his head. Dreamily staring up at him, his hands crawling to the front of Taehyun's shirt, crumpling the fabric and grinning mischievously. "I think it's hot." Taehyun hears before he was pulled down for a kiss.

Sure, you can try flirting with Beomgyu and he might flirt back even. And at most times, Taehyun wouldn't mind; he knows this is one of the consequences for dating a public figure, and he trusts his boyfriend enough to know his limit. But he draws the line when the fine boundary between casual flirting — complimenting, giving gifts, exchanging giggles — and actually making a move — inviting to dinner, asking out for a date, touching his Beomgyu in any way — is crossed.

And he wouldn't hesitate to give the first hit. At all.

If he had to teach a lesson, he'd gladly do so. Beomgyu is the temptation you shouldn't indulge in, and Taehyun is the punishment if you did.