The Drinker

"Well that's hardly bloody fair..." Theo huffed as a vial with pink, swirling liquid was put in frontof him on the table. 

   "Got to play by the rules-" Harry muttered, sounding affronted as the same vial was also placed infront of him. "If everyone else has signed the disclaimer but Malfoy hasn't then-" 

   "You know better than to think I would play by the same rules as everyone else, Potter," Dracotold him in a mocking tone as he took a deep sip of his whisky and accepted the vial that Pansy hadpassed him over the table. "Did our time playing Quidditch at Hogwarts not teach you anything?" 

   "Or the time he nearly got ruined by that Hippogriff –" Blaise pointed out. 

   "Or the time he got turned into a white rodent-" Theo pointed out matter of factly. 

   "What about the time when he nearly offed old Dumbledore?-" Blaise replied. Hermione and Harryscowled at him. "-May God rest his soul." He added quickly, making a cross sign in front of him. 

   "Or the time when he nearly threw himself through that stupid bloody cabinet in frustration-" Theolaughed wholeheartedly. 

   Hermione heard Malfoy draw in an impatiently deep breath. It wasn't uncommon for Blaise andTheo to mock him for his previously dark deeds. He usually took it in his stride and bided his timeuntil he was able to get them back with some sort of sarcastic and usually quite witty retort, buttonight did not seem like the night for that. 

   "There are no rules, it is the drinker's choice." Pansy cut in, silencing the boys when she spottedthe look of tension on Draco's face. He seemed to be grappling with himself, Hermione couldsense it from where he sat. Almost as if he thought he was making a very big mistake by signingthe contract. 

   "Well if I can't see his then he can't see mine." Theo announced petulantly, poking a finger inDraco's direction. 

   "I don't want to see yours Theodore, you'll put me off sausage for life." Draco said darkly, earninga titter from a few around the table. 

   "What was that?" Theo asked sarcastically, "Hmm?", putting a hand to his ear and cupping it inDraco's direction. "Jumbo hotdog, you say? Oh, you do compliment me, Draco." 

   "More like cocktail sausage, mate. Have a strong word with yourself, yeah?" Draco bantered backand Hermione tensed as she chanced a glance at Pansy. She saw her eyes sparkle when the mentionof sausage size came into the equation. 

   God, have mercy upon her soul ... her train of thought always seemed to lead her back there, andPansy didn't help. Once the flood gates of the dirt bag that was Pansy Parkinson had been opened,there was no stopping her. Several times Hermione had choked on air whilst in work as a dirty littlefact or a smutty little musing had made its way out of Pansy's mouth. The worst one was just shy of two months ago, as they stood together in the lingerie section of the shop, fixing the array ofbra's and knickers on the shelves ....

________________________________________________________________________________

   "Did you see him sitting down last night?" Pansy asked innocently as she fixed a pair of frillyFrench knickers back onto their hanger. "He looked so uncomfortable towards the end of thenight." 

   Hermione tried her best to ignore her. She knew exactly where Pansy was going with this, and ifshe let the girl bate her then there would be no stopping the filth that would spill out of her mouth.Specifically, filth about Draco Malfoy. 

   "I hadn't noticed." Hermione replied casually, like she always did and hoped that Pansy woulddrop the subject. 

   But Pansy Parkinson never dropped a subject.