08

𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒐'𝒔 𝑷𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝑶𝒇 𝑽𝒊𝒆𝒘

She was fast asleep. Her smile still appeared over the mask and she looked beautiful even when she's awake and energetic. "So Mar why do you want to remove it off of her? Isn't she one of your dad's targets". "Yes, but I want to continue being friends with her so I'm doing everything I can to let her stay friends with me". "You like her don't you?". I looked up at her like if she was on something. "We're just friends". She rolled her eyes at me. "Just friends, Mar if you didn't like her then you wouldn't have removed the bullet off of her". She's right. I wouldn't do it just for my dad. I want her to stay with me.

Hours pass by and Sarai was finally waking up. "Mar?" She said in a weak voice. I ran up to her and I grabbed her hand. "You're ok". I smiled at her. She still looks better than before. "Nurse! She's awake". I tried to get my nurse's attention. My nurse runs towards the two of us and she pulls me away from Sarai. "Mariano go get her some water in the kitchen". I do as she says. I looked out the window as I was pouring some water. I saw a familiar car pull up to the driveway. That's my dad! I ran into the living room and I pull the nurse into a corner. "My dad's here!" I panicked. "Shh! Don't yell. I have an idea". She walks away and walks over to Sarai. "Mariano help me take her bed into the guest room". I helped my nurse carry the bed Sarai was on into the guest bedroom. We luckily made it on time until my dad knocks on the door. "Stay silent I'll be back for you" I looked at Sarai and she grabs my hand. I take a quick look at her one more time before I locked the door.
"Mariano, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in school right now". "Yeah but I'm on my lunch break". I was a little scared for Sarai, I was also hoping that my dad wouldn't go into the room."Well, you better get back before lunch ends". My dad demands. I didn't listen. "I still have time dad it's fine". "I just came in to get my medication I'll see you later and you better come home after school". He walks out the door with his pills.

Once he shut the door I go unlock Sarai out of the room. She was standing by the window watching the outside. "Hey, you're supposed to be getting rest". I stand next to her trying to put her back on the bed. "I'm fine Mariano lets go". She pushes me away from her. I denied it. "Just take a little bit of rest, you'll need it". "No Mariano I'm ok. Let's go". "And for you to stop being friends with me, I don't think so". "Mar you know it's a bad idea anyway". I pull her close to me and now we were inches apart.

"What if we kept it a secret". "From who exactly?". He led me on. "From my parents and yours including your brother". That doesn't sound like a bad idea, besides only Samy, Kayla, and Dante would know about us not ending the friendship. "I'm in". Mariano gives me a tight hug. "I'm still injured you know". He lets go and the two of us say goodbye to his nurse then we go in his car and he drives us back to school to pick up our friends to take them home.

"Do you think we should tell them now?". "We should". We see our friends walking towards Mariano's car. The three of them get in and they sit in the back. "Oh my god Sarai what happened?". I looked down and I looked at my wound. Kayla accidentally touches it which causes me to groan in pain. "Shoot I'm sorry". Kayla backs up. "It's ok". I look at it again and it stung again. "Also Mariano you don't have to drop me off at my place I'm going to Sarai's".

As we get to my house I had Kayla check if Matthias was home. "He's not home Sarai". Mariano and Samy help me out of the car. When we walked in Matthias was just arriving at the driveway. "He's home!". The three of us heard Kayla yell. "Just hide here I'll be back". I told the boys to hide under my bed. "No, you can't Sarai you're injured". Samy stops me from leaving. "I have a plan just stay here". Samy runs out of the room leaving Mariano and I by ourselves.

"Don't worry Samy always has a good plan". "Mariano I trust him but this is super cautious for you. What if my brother knows who you are". He looks at his phone then looks back at me. "He's gone. I'll see you tomorrow alright?" He kisses me on the cheek then runs down the stairs. I hear the door shut. I wait for Kayla to run up the stairs. A couple of minutes pass by Kayla runs into my room and closes the door. "So tell me what the hell happened and why we had to do that for Mar". I pat down on the empty space next to me on my bed.

"So here's how it starts". I tell her everything from the kidnapping situation to My parents, Matthias, and Mariano's family Mafia situation, The chip part, and to keep our friendship private. "Wow that was a long story, also I promise to keep it private. Mariano might be telling the boys in the car ride right now". I was glad that I finally told my best friend. Keeping secrets from her would hurt me if I ever had to do that.