28

𝑴𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒂𝒔 𝑷𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝑽𝒊𝒆𝒘

My family and I were finally back home. We still have no clue where Sarai is so I'm paying her friend a little visit. 

I knocked on the door, nobody answers. I kept on banging and banging on the door. I knocked until I had enough. I called out for her name as I was entering the house.  "Kayla I know you're in here" I yelled. There were no sounds at all. "Kayla stop playing games" I knocked down a couple of frames from the wall. "I'm just here to talk". 

𝑲𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒂'𝒔 𝑷𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝑶𝒇 𝑽𝒊𝒆𝒘

"Samy's right we should surprise them this weekend". I was in the middle of having a conversation with the boys in Dante's room. My phone starts to ring nonstop as I was talking to the boys"I'll be back". I walked out of my boyfriend's room, I answer my dad's call. "Hey dad?" I said confused. My main dad never calls while he's at work, He's always doing something important. "Come home. We need to talk". He seemed upset. "I'll be there soon". I walked back to Dante's room to get my things. "Where are you going babe". "Home. My dad wants me to go home for some reason". I say goodbye to the boys then drive home.

Just as I was opening the front door I noticed that there was broken glass on the floor. "Kayla Gonzalez what did you do". "I'm just as confused as you are". My dad hands me his phone. I looked at the footage in the video, it was Matthias, I'm in serious trouble. "I'm going to talk to the Montoya's. Maybe it's better if you stay here". "No, dad. You shouldn't go". I grab him tight by the arm. "What did you do to Sarai? Is that why Matthias is looking for you?". "Can we go visit papa? I think it'll be safe there". My dad nods his head. We both go to my car to go see my other dad at work.

"So tell me what's going on. Why Matthias is smashing things at our house?". I had to make up a lie. It's stupid of me to lie to my fathers, but It's what I had to do to protect my best friend. "I have been seeing Matthias in secret. I've also been ignoring him for days". Gross. "what about Dante, Kayla. I thought you loved him". "I do I love them both dad. I just, I don't know what I'm going to do". My dad sighs. "Choose the one you love most. Choose the one who makes you feel like you're you. Someone who you can trust Kayla". I would never cheat on Dante, He's my other half. "Yeah, I guess so". 

𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈...

My throat felt like it was being grabbed by someone who was choking me. Matthias was trying to kill me as I was waking up. "Tell me where Sarai is. I know you know where she is". "I don't know where she is. She hasn't spoken to me in days." I gasped. Kayla, stop lying! He adds more force to his hand. I had no idea your family was back, Matthias, I swear I have no idea where she is." I felt lightheaded at this point. "You swear?". "I swear Matthias I don't know" I was losing oxygen. He lets go. My breathing suddenly stops for a second "You better be telling the truth, Kay. I'll pay you. how does 50,000 sound". "I'm not taking cash from you, Matthias". He sighs. "I'll be back in seventy-two hours. If she's not back by then, then say goodbye to you and your parents". He opens the window and runs out. 

What am I going to do...

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Sarai wake up" Mariano shakes me back and forth. I was half-awake. "Hmm" I groaned as I move towards the other side of the bed. "Matthias attacked Kayla last night". I quickly sit up and looked at him. "What do you mean he attacked her last night?" I asked. "He barged into her room almost choking her to death". This is my fault. I get out of bed and I make my way towards the bathroom I  shut the door and lock it. Tears poured down my face as I slid to the floor.

"Sarai?" I hear his soft voice. "Not now love" I silently yell back. First Mariano, then Heaven, and now Kayla? Might as well add me to that list.  I think I need to sort this out myself. I'm buying a bus ticket first thing in the morning. He can't go with me. He also can't know what I'm going to do. 

Samy❤️‍🔥

Sarai🦋

Samy I need you to pick me up at the train station in three days at 5 AM. Please don't tell Mar. 

Samy❤️‍🔥

 Don't tell me it has something to do with your brother. 

Sarai🦋

Just meet me there at 5 ok? Love you.

It's settled. I'm going tomorrow morning.

𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

"I love you" I whispered into his ear before I left the house. Immediately after closing the door, I made my way to my driver. He drove me to the train station. As soon as my train was called, I made my way inside with my ticket in my hand. I quickly take a glance at the things I had inside my bookbag, a gun.

The train ride wasn't that bad it was only a 3-hour ride. "Come on Samy pick up" I was waiting for Samy to pick up his phone he didn't answer the last 2 calls I was leaving him. "Please leave a voice message for" Fuck. I didn't see his car show up at all. I just sat down on the sidewalk to waste my time waiting...

"I'm so sorry I'm late. So why didn't you want me to tell Mar". He said as he was getting out of the car. I just make my way towards the passenger seat and I sit down before I close the door. "I'm going to meet up with Matthias. Kayla could be in huge trouble so might as well just show up". Samy looks at me in fear. Life lesson number... "I'm going with you". "No. You're not. This is just between us". "Sarai, Mariano told me to protect you if one day he's gone. I need to do what is said". "Samy please don't do this. I just need to do this on my own for once". "What about Heaven? Why can't she do it with you?". "Because Samy... She's dead!". "What do you mean she's dead". His facial expression changed. "The other Montoya killed her. The guy I used to call Dad killed her. The day we were supposed to escape". I felt myself draining in tears again. I really need to control that.

Anyways we park in the back of the gates of the house. Samy stops me just before I leave his car. "Before you leave go grab some things from the back. You'll need it". I quickly nod then I head to the trunk. I open it and I open this bag that hasn't been opened. "Thank you, Samy". I grab some essentials. I finished grabbing the things I need. I closed the back of the trunk and make my way towards Matthias' room. His lights were off except for his studio lights. I take a small peek inside his window. He was fast asleep. "This is for Heaven". The window slightly opens as I jam his window lock. I sneak in and I lock his door. I first tie a rope by the end of his bed then onto his neck and hands which would wake him up. I clock the gun and I place it on his head as he was waking up.

"Sara, what are you doing?" He said as he was running out of breath. "This is what you deserve" I pressed on the trigger. The next thing you know his blood was falling from his mouth. I did it he's dying. I heard footsteps running down the stairs and knocks on the door. "Matthias are you ok". "Oh let me answer that for you. He's fine!" I yelled out. "Sarai open the damn door". I heard him shout. I quickly grabbed my things and jumped out the window. I made my way back to Samy's car as soon as I got in we were finally driving away from the house.