✧*̥˚Chapter 7 *̥˚✧

I JUMP UP AND GRAB my bikini, walking to the toilet to change. I'm staring at myself in the mirror, wondering what just went on. Feeling giddy, I squeal, before trying to contain myself to go back to Rafe's room.

"You can go to Sarah's room, I'm good here" Rafe snaps at me.
My heart drops.
Huh? After all of that he wants to get rid of me? After I've been so vulnerable? I should've never trusted that boy.
I storm out and walk to Sarah's room. I lie down and let myself drift off, trying to forget everything that just happened.

As I wake up Sarah is leaning over looking at me. I jump so hard I almost fall out the bed.
"Fucking hell Sarah way to scare somebody" I shout.
"Sorry! Now come on let's get ready to go. Wait where are your clothes?" She asks.
I look down to realise i'm just in a bikini. I try to avoid eye contact with her, telling one of your best friends you just had sex with her brother she despises would not be a good move.
"You know what I don't even want to know, anyway, let's get ready" Sarah smiles at me.
"I think I'm gonna take a rain check" I try to smile at her.
"Why what's wrong? has something happened? You love beach parties!" She seems worried.
"I'm fine I'm just not feeling it tonight, think I'll just stay here and have a movie night with Wheezie." I tell her.
"Whatever. Help me pick something to wear" She says, walking to her closet.

After an hour of helping Sarah get ready I watch her leave and make my way to the lounge.
I look up as Rafe walks into the room.
"You not going?" He asks me.
"No" I look back down to my phone.
He walks back out the room. A few moments later he walks back in. I look up just as he throws a top and jeans at me.
"Your clothes" He can't remain eye contact with me. 
"Thanks" I snap, getting off the couch to go put them in Sarah's room.

Once I'm in Sarah's room I place my clothes on the bed and sit down. I take a deep breath before deciding to go to Rafe's room.

I storm into Rafe's room, he's lay on his bed texting on his phone.
"Ever heard of knocking?" He smirks at me.
"Can we pretend whatever happened earlier never happened?" I blurt out.
"Cool." He answers.
"You're an asshole, you know that right?" I snap at him.
"Close the door on your way out" He goes back to looking at his phone.

I head back downstairs to watch a movie with Wheezie. We end up deciding on ferris buellers day off.
Wheezie goes to the kitchen to grab some popcorn and as she leaves Rafe walks in.
"Neat, you're watching my favourite movie" He smiles at me.
"This is your favourite movie?" I ask, holding back my smile.
"Yep" He comes and sits next to me on the couch.
"Mine too" I look away so he doesn't see my smile.
"Cool" He says, smirking. He sprawls out across the couch.

"Who said you were invited?" Wheezie complains walking in with two bowls of popcorn.
"It's my favourite movie Wheez, you seriously gonna watch it without me?" He pulls fake puppy dog eyes at her.
"Gross. But fine you can stay." I see a smile form at the corner of her mouth.

We're watching the movie as I reach my hand out for some popcorn, Rafe's hand reaches out at the same time and our fingers graze past eachother. It feels like a shock of electricity burning through me. I quickly move my hand away.

"I'm going up to bed" Wheezie announces after the film is finished.
"Goodnight" Me and Rafe say in unison.
I get the remote to turn the film off.
We sit in silence awkwardly before we both try to speak at the same time.
"Sorry" I laugh nervously.
"You go first" He stares at me.
"How come you didn't go to the beach party tonight?" I ask, fiddling with the ring on my finger.
"Well obviously I wanted to spend time with my favourite sister and my least favourites sisters annoying best friend" He smiles at me.
I laugh. "Sure" I say back.
"I'm just playing. I had a pretty rough comedown and I couldn't be bothered to have the boys jumping down my throat tonight." He answers me.
"Fair enough. What did you wanna ask me?" I say.
"Oh it's nothing" He says, jumping up out of his seat.
"Okay then" I answer him.

Later on that night I'm heading to the bathroom when I bump into Rafe who's coming out from the bathroom.
"Oh, hi" I smile awkwardly at him.
Neither of us breaks eye contact, I'm so close I feel his breath against my cheek.
I snap out of it and quickly push past him to get ready for bed.

"Are you sure you're okay with me staying here for a few days?" I ask Sarah. We're lay in her bed trying to get to sleep.
"Of course Eve" She answers me.
"Thank you" I say back, twisting over on my side. I let myself drift off to sleep, trying to forget everything that's happened today.