✧*̥˚Chapter 36*̥˚✧

I PUT MY HAND OVER my mouth in shock trying not to make a sound as I see that the gun is pointed at Ward.
"Drop to your knees, I don't like being used."
She shouts at him.
I watch Rafe as he inches closer and closer, following behind him until I can see what's happening.
I hear the clicking of arm cuffs around Ward's wrists and Sarah shouting.
"I've been waiting a long time for this" Peterkin fumes as Rafe steps out behind her, pulling a gun out of his pocket.

No no no no no I close my eyes as I hear the gun shot.
I open my eyes as Peterkin falls to the floor.
I gasp for air feeling anger bubble up inside me, as tears fall from my eyes.

"I told you to stay in the car." He snaps at me walking towards his father.
"Rafe what did you do?" Ward panics.
"I saved you dad. Yeah, I saved you." Rafe answers him and I watch a smile form in the corner of his mouth.
Tears roll down my cheek as I think about the fact the love of my life just killed somebody and smiled about it.

I run back to the car, trying to erase my memory from the last five minutes. I can hear gun shots in the distance along with Sarah's cries as I watch John B run through the fields of wheat from the car window.

I'm sat in the passenger seat when Rafe comes over trying to keep Sarah from running away.
"Get the fuck off of her!" I scream getting out of the car to help Sarah. I run over hugging her tight.
"Get in the car" Rafe shouts at us both climbing into the car.
I get into the back seat with sarah not letting go of her as she cries into my shoulder. I'm trying to process everything that's just happened as Rafe breaks the silence.
"She was gonna kill him." He starts.
"Yeah she was gonna kill Dad." He repeats.
"Rafe, no he wasn't, she was arresting him!"
Sarah shouts back.
I can tell Rafe is trying to convince not only us but he's trying to convince himself that he's done the right thing.

WE GET TO THE CAMERON'S and I help
Sarah out of the car.
"Your dad isn't gonna like you being here." Rose shouts to Rafe, everting her eyes to Sarah and me.
"Sarah why aren't you on a plane?" She questions her.
"Ask him." Sarah shouts, moving and pointing at Rafe. She runs inside and I follow her.

"This is fucking crazy" She says when we get to her room.
"Did you have any idea he was gonna do that?" she asks me.
"No I didn't even know he had a gun, I had no idea any of this has happened. I don't think he knew he was gonna do it himself." I tell her.
"Get out" She screams.
"What?" I answer her, feeling like a stab to my heart.
"Get out. you and your psycho boyfriend need to get out of this house." She shouts pushing me out of her room.
I turn around, tears falling down my cheeks see Rafe standing a couple metres away from
me.
"You've ruined EVERYTHING." I shout running up to him, thumping him hard on his chest.
He shushes me, placing his finger on my lips as he leads me into his bedroom.

"Eve you don't understand." He shouts pacing back and forth his bedroom.
"Why the fuck did you do that Rafe? You're gonna go to jail! " I shout back at him, tears streaming from my eyes.
"She was gonna kill my dad Eve, I know she was. She was gonna kill him." He quietly says, a sob escaping from his mouth as he bangs his head onto the wall.

I try to hate him in this moment. I try my hardest to hate him with but I can't find it in me. I look at his broken eyes as he tries to convince himself what he did was okay.

All Rafe has ever wanted is validation from his dad, his whole life but he has been neglected. Sarah has always been Ward's favourite and he let Rafe know that for sure.

I watch Rafe collapse to the floor holding his head in his hands and I walk over. Wrapping my arms around him I let him bury his head in my chest.
"I'm so sorry Eve. I'm so so sorry." He says, trying to catch his breathe from crying.
"I love you. So much. But I don't know if I'll ever be able to trust you again, Rafe." I
whisper, watching his face crumble.

Authors note- Hear me out okay it's a toxic relationship I know I sound a Rafe apologist which maybe I secretly am. Also sorry if it seems a little rushed I am feeling very unmotivated atm