ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴍʏʀᴀ

chapter two: myra

march, 2004
new york, usa

tw: mentions of r*pe

The rain felt like needles against Myra’s naked arms as she slowly walked to the front door of her home. Home. Where her husband and boys were.

Myra didn’t know how she was going to face her family. What had just happened, it tempted Myra to draw a knife across her throat. She felt guilty, she felt scared, but most of all, she felt ashamed. 

She had almost reached the front door when her legs gave out. The sound of rain drowned her wails as she begged the coming thunderstorm to take her. She couldn’t face her family like this. She couldn’t face her husband like this. Oh what he might think of her. 

Myra sat on the front steps for what felt like hours, crying in agony when the front door opened to reveal an eight year old. His innocent face turned from excitement to confusion and then to scared when he saw his mother crying on the footsteps. 

“Mom?” Myra stiffened at her boy’s voice. “Mom why are you crying,” the boy’s voice broke at the sight of his distraught mother. When Myra only cried harder at his voice, the boy decided to call his father. 

He ran into the house, his blurred voice shouting for his father. Soon enough, Myra’s husband came out, his face distraught and confused as to why his beloved wife was crying at the footsteps. 

"Blake go back inside," he said firmly to which Blake obeyed. James walked toward Myra but frowned when she frantically moved away.

"Myra," he whispered, to which she only cried harder. James mistook her body rapidly shaking because of the rain and took off his blazer to cover her with it, trying to block the cold.

Myra only cried harder at the action.

"Love what happened?" Myra chocked on her words. What could she say to him? She couldn't even look at him without feeling ashamed of herself.

"Please come into the foyer. I don't want you out in the rain like this," James begged and when he realised Myra was shaking too much to even stand, he spread his arms, "May I?"

Myra nodded hesitantly, and then she was carried into the foyer by James, who then set her down on one of the decorative couches in the room.

Myra saw a flash of similar white hair poking out from the living room and bottom lip trembled. James looked at where her gaze was and shook his head, "Seb take your brothers and go to your room. Ask Mrs. Ridley to send up some dry towels."

The boy worriedly looked at his mother, not wanting to leave her alone but obliged to his father, and soon left with his brothers.

James looked back at his wife who tried everything in her not to look at him. "Darling, please. Tell me what happened."

Myra sniffled, "I'm sorry." She broke into sobs and her heart rattled against her chest. Why did she fight with him about the constant looming security over her head? Why did she go alone to meet her girlfriends at the club?

"Darling what are you sorry for you? I'm sure whatever it was wasn't your fault," James asked in confusion. His shoulders tense at the possibilities what might've happened.

He hadn't liked it when Myra had argued about the security before leaving. They were absolutely necessary, even Myra knew that, but James understood her need of privacy, and so for this once he had willing to let her go without any of the guards following.

He had stayed true to his words, no guard had followed Myra but the tracker in her ring had informed him of her every movement, and so he didn't understand what it was that happened at the club.

"I shouldn't gone out without the guards James. I'm so sorry," Myra cried harder and James' eyes grew cold. "What happened Myra," he gritted out. His hands itching with anticipation and need to kill whoever it was that had hurt his wife.

"I... I don't know. I-It happened so q-quick," Myra stumbled over her words. Unsure of how to say it. "H-he, he tou-"
James took her face in his hands before she could finish. Tears filled James' eyes as Myra's own fell down her cheeks.

James wished, Gods he wished whatever he had assumed wasn't true. But when he saw her broken soul through her eyes, he knew it. He knew of her pain, her guilt and her shamefulness.

His own skin crawled at the thought of another man...

"Look at me, Myra. Look at me baby." Myra forced herself to look at him and when she did, he said, "It was not your fault. Do you hear me? What happened was not your fault."

Myra shook her head, "N-no. James I-" James shook his head, "No. I don't want to hear it. Not. Your. Fucking. Fault."

Myra knew he meant when he cursed. James rarely cursed. Usually it was her in the household cursing like a sailor. But now that he did it, she knew it too.

Not. Her. Fault.

"I'm s-sorry I couldn't d-defend myself," she said and James shook his head. "You have nothing to be sorry for baby. You have nothing to be sorry for, and don't worry. I'm going to find that scum who did this to you, and I'm going to make sure he'd wished he'd rather choke himself to death than even think of you that."

Little did they know the surprises that followed next.

From Myra's secret visit to the doctor's two weeks after the incident, to her decision to keep it, James had been through it all with her.

So what if the baby was not his? So what if it's blood father was the scum of the planet?

James was going to love it like his own, and what it didnt know, couldn't hurt it. For Myra and James, he was the father. And though they had decided to hide the truth from the boys for until they were mature enough, they didn't mind it.

It had taken Myra almost all of the nine months to cope up with the events, but she knew that the child growing inside her was never going to be exposed to violence, or a gruesome reality like she herself was. She was going to love this child with all her being and keep it safe, even if it meant having to take it away from the environment the rest of her boys had grown up in.

Nine months later, when it was time for the baby to come out, no one had anticipated what was to follow next. A peaceful death, leaving nothing but emptiness in the air.

No one had anticipated it.

Just like no one had anticipated the search for the scum who did this all to last so long. But James did find him, four years later, and when he finally did, he was shocked by truth.

He knew him. He knew who the scum was.

And he destroyed him. And everything he had known and loved. From the properties he owned, to the little Bratva he belonged to.

He killed Fyodor's right hand man, the signal of the beginning of a war which took years of his time with his daughter away.

But in the end, the satisfaction he got when he watched Fyodor's man take his last breath was indescribable.

James never told anyone about his daughter's blood father's identity, not even Sebastian. James was his daughter's one and only father, and anyone else to say any different was simply incorrect.

-

i broke down while writing this.

to any reader who is a survivor of sexual harassment or any form of assault, know that i think you are the bravest being in the entire world, and you have all my love ❤️