ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴛᴏɴʏ

chapter three: tony

november, 2021
new york

Tony paced in his kitchen, half of his concentration on the left over spaghetti heating up in the microwave, and half of his mind on the silver eyed girl he had met today.

She was certainly not what he had expected.

When Tony had pulled out files on the Morgenstern family, he'd discovered things about them, but none of them were as intriguing to him as the sister was.

Her file had told Tony little, but he hadn't let that bother his mission.

One picture of a two year Ophelia Morgenstern, her silver hair tied in pigtails and her smile toothy. Tony had begrudgingly admitted that the girl had been a cute baby.

There were no recent pictures of her when Tony had been doing his research, so he could only hope that he would trap the right person when the time came.

But he certainly hadn't expected to meet her like he had today. Bumping into the hallway of her house, coming from a floor he had just tried to scout. And he certainly hadn't expected to look like... that.

He knew the Morgensterns had winning genes, but they seemed otherworldly when it came to Ophelia. Her eyes silver like her hair, holding a look as if they were going to conquer the world some day.

Her form lean and firm, and her arms looking as if they were sculpted by a sculptor. It was the smile and the eyes that got him though.

The moment her tempting lips had pulled into a smile and the moment her eyes looked into his own, Tony forgot what he really was doing there for a moment.

But he quickly pulled himself out of that reverie. He wasn't here to be lovey dovey with his enemies' sister. He was here to break her, and by extension break them.

He was here to destroy them. To make them suffer as he had. To make them feel what it felt like to lose a loved one.

He was here for revenge.

The microwave made a sound and Tony stopped pacing. He ate his dinner and simultaneously planned what to do next. How could he lure little Ophelia into his trap? And most importantly how could he do what he had come here to do without letting those eyes and smile get to him.

It was going to be difficult. Very, very difficult. But he wasn't going to give up, no.

He was here to cause pain and suffering. He was not here to fall in love. No.

And so that night before going to bed, he made changes in his plans to execute faster than intended.

He was going to have what he had come for, after all he deserved to.