09

Annika and Heidi left a bank in Rome and made their way back to the table where Stan and Mitch were sitting. As they walked over, Annika said, "He loves you very much. The moment he saw you, his eyes and normally hard expression softened."

Heidi glanced at Mitch with a soft smile. "I missed him so fucking much."

The women reached the table and Stan looked up at them. "Tell us something good, darlings."

"We're in their system," Annika answered. "The moment that transfer from Sharif's account is picked up, we'll know it."

Stan leaned back as he looked at Annika. "Boy, you just smile, and the Red Sea parts. You, not so much."

"Smiling is overrated. It works in the Med, too."

Stan turned to Heidi. "I'll bet it does."

Mitch narrowed his eyes as he took Heidi's hand and the couple went for a walk.

Mitch noticed someone he deemed suspicious and pretended to take a couple pictures of us, but really of the guys who they were after.

They got into a car and Stan followed their guy.

---

As soon as they arrived at a fancy hotel, Annika went up to purchase a room. She returned and said, "He's in 1448. And we're next door."

They walked inside the suite and while Annika went off somewhere, Mitch and Heidi stared out the window for potential targets. Mitch pulled out his phone and called Stan. After a moment, he said, "Victor-Charlie 1109."

"Suite 1448. We're in 1449, right next door."

Heidi looked up at him and asked "What did Stan say?"

"He wants us to signal every 15 minutes," Mitch replied.

Annika busied herself with setting up a camera feed in the other room. The couple watched as the guy went to bed and laid there.

While Mitch and Heidi were sitting on the couch, Annika walked up and said, "Hey. I know what happened to you. To both of you. I understand you two. More than you know. I know what's it's like to lose people you love." Mitch turned to her and Heidi kept her eyes down, tears stinging them. "We're gonna get these fuckers."

Their attention was drawn back to the TV when a man passed the camera. Mitch instantly turned around and shot the guy who had a gun pointed at Heidi. He silently asked if she was okay and she nodded.

Annika stepped towards the door and was instantly grabbed.

Mitch, Annika and Heidi were forced to our knees, guns to their heads. A man stood in front of them and demanded, "Hurley... where is he?"

"I don't know what you're talking..." Mitch began before being cut off by multiple slaps.

Annika was hit and then the guy walked up to me and grabbed Heidi's chin. "Where is he? He outside?"

Heidi spit in his face and was hit. She fell to all fours, feeling a sharp pain in her nose, noticing scarlet droplets slowly falling to the floor. She glanced up with a dark expression as she said, "Big fucking mistake."

The blonde stood and kicked the man who'd punched her in his most vulnerable area and put him in a headlock before sneering, "Don't fucking touch me again." She noticed Mitch's glare and clenched jaw. "I'm okay, Mitch."

The man looked out the window, and at that moment, Hurley entered the room and shot one of the guys.

Mitch and Heidi effortlessly swatted the guns away from the men and Annika stabbed a guy in the foot. A guy left the room through the window. They managed to get the guys, leaving the once spotless white room crimson.