13

As they walked through the streets, Annika said, "Ashani had their people tracking Minister Behruz's secure cell phone."

"So we find Behruz, we find Hurley," Mitch replied, picking up his pace.

He purposely stepped in front of a car and rolled to the ground. "Mitch!" Annika and Heidi cried.

The driver stepped out and helped Mitch up. Mitch got the better of the driver and stole the car. Heidi climbed in the back, Mitch got in the driver's seat, and Annika climbed in the passenger's seat.

He drove off, driving recklessly, clearly annoying other drivers. Annika was looking for information on her phone.

On the way to rescuing Hurley, Mitch said, "I'm sorry about your handler."

"Ashani was my uncle," Annika told them. "I'm sure it was Minister Behruz and General Rostami who had him killed."

Heidi nodded slowly. "I wouldn't put it past them."

Annika pursed her lips. "They want nuclear war with Israel. We tried to stop them. My brother and father died fighting them. Corviale. Turn here."

Mitch turned where Annika instructed and their drive continued.

They arrived to a more run down area and Mitch jerked the wheel before pulling a distance away from a compound. Once again, Annika stared at her phone. "Dead zone. We're not getting any signals here."

Mitch let out a sigh and studied the people around. He noticed a couple guys walking, that the trio recognized. "Wait a second." He got out of the car, followed by Heidi and Annika. The three of them walked into the compound. Mitch and Heidi pulled out their guns, holding them in front of them.

They walked through the sewers and Mitch tried to unchain a fence, but couldn't get it open. Annika slipped through and Mitch gave her his gun. He told Heidi to follow, but she shook her head.

"Heidi, go," Mitch said.

"No," Heidi argued. "We're in this together."

"Heidz, I almost lost you once. I'm not gonna let that happen. I can't lose you. Don't you understand?"

"I can't lose you either!"

Mitch met her eyes, which had turned to a desperate expression. It quickly dawned on him that she was afraid to leave him alone for fear of what could happen.

He nodded. "Okay. We stay together."

They climbed onto the rafters, Mitch helping Heidi up. They silently watched as men walked past.

There was a gunshot, and Heidi glanced to Mitch with wide eyes. He jumped down and caught Heidi as she jumped after him. They ran back to the car and got in. He drove through the gate, running over people. Heidi held one of the hand grips so she wouldn't topple over.

The car got stuck. The couple and managed to duck behind a corner for safety as an explosion occurred. Mitch shielded Heidi's body with his.

Mitch grabbed Heidi's hand and they ran to find Hurley.

Once they found him, Hurley shot at a guy behind them. Mitch shot at the same guy before joining Heidi next to Hurley. As he freed Hurley, since Heidi couldn't quite reach, Hurley said, "You're not supposed to be here, Rapp, King."

"Yeah, what are you gonna do, fire me or her?" Mitch shot back.

"There's another passage down there. He's got the nuke."

"You gonna be good?"

"Go. Go!" Heidi remained where she was and Hurley said, "Go, King!"

Heidi ran after Mitch just in time to see Annika shoot herself. Mitch shot at Ronnie, but he ran off.

Heidi followed Mitch through the dark tunnels and a guy jumped them. She felt around for her gun, mentally cursing when she realized she'd lost it along the line. Mitch was out of bullets. Heidi smirked, realizing she had her pocketknife and as Mitch hit the guy with the butt of his gun and stabbed the guy, she threw her knife, hitting the man in the gut.

When they reached the end of the tunnel, Mitch immediately jumped onto a boat, ignoring Heidi's protesting cries.