14

Mitch jumped from one boat to another. He saw Ronnie and lunged at him. A fight broke out but fighting proved to be difficult as the boat would zoom forward every so often, knocking them around.

Ronnie pulled out a knife and stabbed Mitch. He winced slightly, but ignored the wound and continued attacking him.

"The bomb can't be stopped. Just like you couldn't stop that beautiful girl from being kidnapped," Ronnie said.

Mitch continued attacking Ronnie. The last thing he wanted to hear about was a reminder of how close he'd come to losing Heidi.

Ronnie soon began getting the better of Mitch and started beating him near senseless. He whispered, "The last thing your girl saw was your face before she was taken."

Mitch pursed his lips. He'd tried his best to save Heidi, but he was ashamed to say he wasn't strong enough. Now, knowing what he knew, he intended to never let it happen again.

Ronnie pulled Mitch from the wall and knocked him to the ground. He flipped Mitch over so he could see him as he said, "Didn't Hurley teach you anything, little brother?" Mitch grabbed the arm holding the knife. "To never make it personal."

Mitch stabbed his neck where Hurley had instructed in his training. "This isn't personal." He climbed to the top and placed his bag on top. He took the wheel turned the boat as the helicopter followed.

He heard Hurley say, "Rapp! Rapp! Can you hear me?" He glanced up at the helicopter. "Pick up the radio! Throw the bomb overboard!"

Mitch shook his head and picked up the radio. "No way, sir, I gotta get further away from the fleet!"

"Rapp! For once in your life, take a goddamn order! The Sixth Fleet is about to blow you to hell!"

"Please, Mitch!" Heidi begged. "You could die! Don't you understand?! Please, don't do this!"

"Baby, I'm sorry. I love you."

"Mitch!"

Mitch put the radio down and tossed the bag with the bomb into the water.

He reached for a rope that was lowered from the helicopter and wrapped it around his waist. He was lifted up by Hurley and the pilot. "Got less than 30 seconds."

"All right, go!" Hurley ordered. "Get outta here!"

Heidi ran up to Mitch and hit his chest as she yelled, "You scared the shit out of me! You could have died!"

Mitch pulled her into his arms and kissed the top of her head. "I'm okay, Heidz." He felt a shiver from her. "Baby? You're shaking. Is it the bomb or the plane?"

The bomb detonated, and the boat Mitch had been on was destroyed. He held Heidi close and she continued shaking. Everyone in the plane felt the impact of the bomb's detonation.

Heidi's grip on Mitch tightened and her eyes widened. Mitch ran a gentle hand up and down her back as he said, "I'm here, Heidi. You're safe. I'm not going anywhere."

The helicopter began turning against the pilot's wishes and Heidi continued holding onto Mitch for dear life.

Alarms rang throughout the helicopter and it began to falling towards the water. Heidi let out a bloodcurdling scream and Mitch's grip on her tightened. Tears began falling down her face as she buried herself into him, seeking as much comfort and safety from him as she could.

The pilot managed to pull the helicopter up in time and yelled, "Brace!"

When everything subsided, Mitch relaxed, still holding a terrified Heidi, and said, "You shouldn't have come for me."

"Don't get used to it, son," Hurley told him, answering the com. "Looks like we're gonna be all right up here. I think." He turned to Heidi. "King? You good?"

Heidi merely whimpered in response and Mitch nodded before saying, "She'll be okay I think. Heidz?"

She nodded slowly, still burrowed in Mitch's arms. "Yeah. Yeah."

Hurley answered through his comm again, "Hold on a minute."

Mitch was given the headset. "Yeah, go ahead."

"You okay, Mitch?" Irene asked.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fantastic. Heidi's here too. She'll be okay."

"You two saved a lot of lives today."

"Took some losses too."

---

Heidi and Mitch traveled to Dubai to both relax and complete a mission.

The two stepped into an elevator. Heidi stood at a corner and Mitch stood next to her, periodically glancing at her with a soft smile. Feeling eyes on her, Heidi looked up and returned her fiancé's smile.

The elevator door opened a floor later and three men entered. The leader of the trio turned to the couple and smiled. Mitch and Heidi returned his smile. As soon as the man faced the front, Mitch's smile dropped and a frown, complete with a glare, replaced the smile. Heidi's smile dropped as well, but instead of a frown, a smirk, with a menacing gaze, took over her expression.