Chapter 10

I was feeling very trapped and helpless I didn't know what to do I just wanted to run away from all of my problems. Father was constantly trying to convince me to change my decision. he still thought he could do something to change my fate every minute he came up with a new plan to help me escape this situation only for me to turn it down.

''Api is so short and small she can fit in my sports bag so we can easily trasnport her to my friends home. I have already talked to him he can keep you at his home for a few days as a maid.'' suggested Rayyan wistfully.

We all glared at him mama scolded, ''If you don't have something useful to say so shut your mouth and keep your suggestions to yourself.''

''At least he is suggesting something not crying continuously like you.'' father said to mama. In return she glared at him.

I looked at them silently and thought about how much l will miss them and I have no doubt in my mind that Zain will not let me meet them easily.

It was evening Zain's parents also came to give the dresses and jewwellery for the ceremony. my parents tried to guilt trip them but looking at them it was obvious they did not want their son to do this. Aunt Farah was looking very shameful as she said she tried to talk Zain out of this but he was not budging from his decision.

I was mourning in my room while Sarah was pacing making me dizzy.

''Sarah stop it or there will be a hole in this floor.''

Sara turned around glaring, ''I can not believe the audacity of this brute. How can he do this in the name of love?''

I sighed, '' This is just an obsession for him. I can not believe how much a person can change it's like we never knew him.''

Sara stopped pacing and sat beside me, ''He is high on power that's why he has forgotten all morals and ethics.''

''I know it sounds stupid but you have to be strong to counter him this is not the end this is just the start. He thinks he has won but never bow down to him or let him walk over you.''

Sara was in the middle of lecturing me when Rayyan barged in my room his hands full of snacks he looked at me hesitantly and said, ''Mama said you have not eaten anything you can have my snacks.''

I raised my eyebrows at him ,''Wow I never thought you will share your snacks with me one day. Sara pinch me am I dreaming.''

Rayyan rolled his eyes,'' Now no one will steal my snacks I am happy that's why I am giving you these.''

''So you are happy that I'm leaving.'' I said dramatically.

''Can I have these if you two are done bantering?'' Sara said interrupting us.

Rayyan placed the snacks on my bed and sat down. Sara and I looked at each other quizzically. Rayyan looked at me said ,'' What will happen now?''

''What do you mean?'' I inquired

''Will you leave our home?''

''Yes''

''Will you live with Zain bhai?'

''Yes''

"What if he hurts you?"

"He won't." I said.

''Who will make pasta and pizza for me?'

''Don't worry Rayyan mama will cook it I have told the recipes."

"But it will not be tasty as yours." Rayyan whined.

"And who will helps me in science homework now?"

"Aah why don't you simply tell her you'll miss her idiot" Sara said rolling her eyes.

He came forward and hugged me tightly while I patted his back. I could feel a wet patch on my shirt but I remained silent as I knew he will be embarrassed if I called him out. " I will miss you." I heard a small voice.

""I'll miss you too Rayyan and don't worry Sarah is just 2 houses away you can always go to her if you need help in your homework." I consoled him.

"Of course you can come to mine Rayyan we will watch movies and eat pasta together. We will enjoy so much that you won't miss Mehmil ever."

I was numb as the stylists sent by Zain painted my face with makeup and did twists and curls with my hair. I wanted to protest but I knew they were only doing their job and must be threatened by that jerk. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I was wearing a blood red dress with a tail. It was so difficult to walk in those high heals with that heavy dress and my lack of any physical exercise made it more difficult for me to carry it. As a small act of rebellion I refused to wear the jewellery sent by him it was a beautiful sparkling diamond necklace with ruby instead of this I wore the gold jewellery my parent's gifted me on my graduation.

It didn't look like a wedding was going on everyone was so somber, no decorations or anything. I never imagined my wedding to be like this. Zain came with his parents, cousins and lastly his goons equipped with guns.

"Mehmil Hasham, daughter of Hasham, Do you accept accept your marriage with Zain Khan son of Azam Khan?" Qazi asked me.
I was just sitting there dazed when Sara squeezed my hand and looked around to see everyone looking at me I looked at my family and gulped answering a meek "Yes I accept."
He repeated the same sentence three times. The third time I glared at him and gritted "Yes"

My mother and Sara came to hug me. Zain came looked at me from head to toe and sat beside me.
"You look breathtaking."
I ignored him and stared ahead as people came and congratulated him. There were only a few people from my side and who were already very sad and angry to congratulate me.

Zain tried to hold my hand but I snatched it before he could.
"You know you should just accept your fate now see we're already married, it will be good for both of us to act civil." Zain said grabbing and squeezing my hand. It wasn't painful but a warning for me to behave myself.

"Stop touching me this marriage means nothing to me except a disgusting blackmail." I snapped.

"Don't degrade our relation like that Mehmil I won't tolerate this disrespect. Things are going to change from now" He admonished.
He took a deep breath and moved my hair to the side.
"Zain umm wwhat are you doing? Everyone is looking" I said holding is hand. He pulled away from my hand and snapped the necklace in place and sat back in his seat like nothing happened while I looked down mortified.

"It would be better for you to listen to your husband darling." He whispered in my ear haughtily.