Chapter 6

My mood dropped drastically after having this conversation with Zain. Zain has always been very stubborn I knew when he wants something he'll do everything in his power to get that. Now as a mafia boss had become more demanding. Everyone in the city is afraid of him, no one can say no to him and I was actually afraid that he'll try something .

I was in the OPD doing my regular duties when Dr Faraz Sheikh came there. I knew he fancied me. Not only me but all of my friends knew about this due to his attitude towards me . He always bought tea or coffee for me when we were posted in the same ward, never reprimanded me for being late and helped me with difficult patients. I avoided him because I didn't want to send the impression that I'm leading him on, after Zain's fiasco I wasn't interested in dating anyone. Faraz was a good looking and  handsome man with his tan complexion 6'2 height and dark hair, many doctors and nurses had crush on him.

Faraz came to me and said, "Hey Mehmil! If you're not busy can we talk?"
" No I'm free we can talk."
"Ok let's go to the cafeteria it's almost lunch time."
I was a bit sceptical about going to lunch with him but I didn't know how to refuse him and he was just asking for lunch in the hospital's cafeteria.

We went to the cafeteria and sat down. "Mehmil I will come straight to the point, I like you. My parents were asking me if I liked someone as they want me to get married. I was just taking your permission that if you agree I'll tell my parents about you."

I was shocked, I knew he liked me but I didn't know he's that serious that he'll send a proposal for me.

I said," Dr Faraz I don't want to marry now I have to complete my residency."

Faraz shook his head, "Look Mehmil we aren't getting any younger I also have to complete my residency and I don't have any problem with you continuing your practice. We know each other and the demands of our profession we'll be compatible for each other. You can think about it and tell me your answer. It's up to you and I'll respect your decision."

As I listened to his reasoning I thought how my mother was insisting me to get married and was finding suitable candidates for me. The only reason of me saying no was that I wanted to continue my practice and many people don't allow their wives to to so they only want a dr wife and dr daughter in law who will manage their home and most of the people only allow them do a 2 to 3 hour job in a clinic . After studying hard for so many years and sacrificing so much I didn't want my degree to go to waste. Faraz was offering me a nice way out as he was also working with me and had no problem with my working hours which is a problem for many people. We did lunch and went to our respective departments.

I met Sara and told her the whole story. She shrieked so loudly that people turned their faces to look at us disapprovingly.
"Sara control yourself this is a hospital."
Sometimes I want to act as I don't know my friends and this was one of those times.

"Oh Mehmil please say yes to him. You guys will be the perfect couple."
"Just let me think about it." I said.

Sara groaned, "Stop thinking about it you're so lucky he proposed you. Do you have any idea how many people are crushing on him."

I rolled my eyes, " Don't tell me you're one of them."

Sara shrugged, " Well there's nothing wrong in praising God's creation."
"On a serious note Mehmil think about it he has fulfilled your criteria of a perfect husband."

"And what about the sword named Zain which is continuously hanging over me?" I grimaced.

"That's why I'm saying just marry Faraz, Zain will automatically stop pursuing you, your mother will be happy and you'll be also happy because you can continue your practice." Sara argued.
We went home after talking about some pointless things.

As I entered my room I saw my brother playing on his Ipad.
"What are you doing in my room ."
"Can't you see I'm working."
I went towards him and saw him playing games.
"Yes I can see that but why are you "working" in my room?"
"Rayan where are you? Come here do your homework." Mother's voice came from the living room.

"Oh so you were hiding from Mama." I tsked.
He pouted and went to the living room to do his homework. I changed out of work clothes sat on my bed and pondered over today's events. I saw my brother's Ipad and googled top rated comedy movies as I wanted to relax myself after having a hectic day. The google search history showed "How to annoy your sister?"
"How to convince your parents to allow you to throw a party?"
I laughed thinking how smart are kids nowadays.